Well, that's it.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your retirement! Savor every day!

It look me close to 6 months to adjust to retirement. I kept looking for things to do around the house (but not the honey do list...that is work).

My employer had been opening offices for Information Systems people around the world to take advantage of lower wages. They offered a very generous package, and with over 23 years with the company I had already qualified for a pretty good pension. So, I was able to retire at 52.

I wanted to move to North Carolina after I retired. We took some house hunting trips, and my wife enjoyed the area and the people she met. So, we waited for our youngest to graduate from high school, and then began preparations to move.

My father used to talk about how busy he was in retirement and couldn't imagine finding the time to go to work. Also, he had trouble keeping track of what day of the week it was. Well, after 13 years of retirement, I understand exactly where my father was coming from.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Pam. Have a happy retirement. Your plan sounds great.

The first thing I did when I retired was to set the alarm clock one hour later. :woohoo:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement. Maybe start by spending some time hanging out in your beautiful new shed.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Pam. Have a happy retirement. Your plan sounds great.

The first thing I did when I retired was to set the alarm clock one hour later. :woohoo:
I turned alarm clock off all together when I retired and a few months later replaced it with one where I can choose various sounds to wake me. Ever since if I have to get up early my alarm plays bird songs starting softly and getting louder until I turn them off.

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I envy people who can retire early. I will probably not ever be able to retire (unless they ask me to leave).

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I have to admit I did not cry. My boss did tell me I could go ahead and leave, but I told him he had scheduled me to 4:30 so that is when I would leave. The first couple of months I woke up panicked thinking I had not heard the alarm. Then believe it or not, guilt set in. I felt guilty about not bringing home a paycheck (Still do to some extent). The money aspect is a big adjustment for me, since my Social Security check is about a third of what I grossed. All that aside, I am LOVING retirement!!! I can grow our vegetables, freeze and can them, I have time to spend with my husband (especially now that he retired) and pets. The best thing now that I am not working retail is that I can actually enjoy the holidays. If I have a day when I get up that I want to take a 'ME' day - I can. You will enjoy the Master Gardening classes. I know I did.