Well, I'll Be.....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
hornswaggled! Who knew! Did you? Did you know that there was a way to clean between the glass in your oven door? And you didn't tell me?! :paperbag:

You can darn well bet that as soon as I get home tonight, I'm going to check to see if I can do this!

CleaningOvenGlass.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The top dishwasher rack is also removable if you have extra tall pots or baking sheets to wash :)

How does the inside of the oven door window get dirty? Dust and grease build up? Why is the bottom of the door not sealed?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bottom of my oven door seems to be sealed. Is there a lever I'm missing? Yes, it's electric.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it can be totally sealed or the heat would make it explode. Are there small slits? That's what mine has. I assume that's why they show one of those slim dusters in the picture. . .

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will look for slits, I felt screws and ridges. this time I'll take the drawer all the way out.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right pulled the drawer all the way out. Kinda heavy since it's full of pots and the like. No slits, but thanks for this thread, it's been WAAAAAAAAAAY too long since I vacuumed in there. Could have filmed an horror movie, and now I know where most of the spiders were living. No venture in cleaning is ever wasted.

Maybe my stove is too old? I got it in 2002.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is pretty neat to turn the light on and see what's happening. But then in the winter, it was pretty neat to have to open the door to see what was happening. No excuse for the warm whoosh any more.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My oven door has a few slits in the bottom. A small skinny duster can definitely be squeezed through to clean the glass. So does one just dry clean in between the windows or does water / cleaning solution also need to be used to get rid of build up?