well I underestimated how much that would hurt..

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started pole fitness classes tonight. I was expecting some pain, but I thought I was pretty fit! But HOLY MOLEY! I hurt so freaking much! I can barely lift my arms and I have a giant bruise on the bottom of arm!
But I have to say, its a freaking blast! I'm so excited to go back for another class, and hating I didnt buy more than 6 of these! Also trying to talk Gary into putting a pole in the basement, I doubt it'll take too much talking! LOL!

If you have to chance to take a class, you really should! Its a blast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

One of our members does pole dancing for fitness. I can't recall who it is though. She also loves it but had quite a bit of drama with the fitness studio she had signed on with.

EDIT: It is Tara & Rob

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222805
Yep seeing her threads definitively got me searching for some in the area last year! But there werent any around! Luckily one opened about 10 minutes from the house and had classes on living social last week! So I snagged 6 for $25 to try it out! I've had one and I'm already hooked! LOL

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by parsleysage

Sounds awesome!!!
You must be very talented and more fit than you think to do that! I'm sure it tones you up like crazy, too.

Have you seen this? Pole Dancing for Jesus -
I like the idea! I can't however, imagine women from my church doing that, only gasping with shock.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome!!
I have a 9ft platinum stages permanent stainless pole for sale
I'd also recommend a X-Pole if you get one for the house! I just bought one because it has spin mode on it (my permanent did not because I never expected to use that mode
found out spin is a whole new challenge!)

I've been teaching myself for 1½ years now. Another studio just opened up in the area, but my friend and I are more advanced than those instructors, and they only have 3 poles per class but 12 women per class ... WAY too crowded. I go to studios in NC occasionally - actually bought a LivingSocial deal for the one I frequent the most up in Charlotte. Rob wants me to open a studio, but I don't really have the time between work and school right now. I made my pole room into a 1-pole studio for myself, with a wall of mirrors, Pergo flooring, and my new X-pole. I also teach people some stuff on occasion, and am hoping to get a few to teach from my house to start off. My friend and I actually held a workshop at her place for about 12 women we knew who all left the drama studio and had our friend who is a pro poler (Karol Helms) come teach the workshop for them.

You will look like a cheetah for awhile - pole gives you bruises in places you didn't know you could bruise, and also uses muscles in places you didn't know you had them! The first few classes I took, I couldn't move my arms - Rob had to massage them out because the muscles were so sore! Climbing the pole bruises the crap out of your foot for awhile, but eventually you'll notice that they go away as your skin gets used to it and toughens up to it. Pole burn is always fun too
It's such a fun way to workout though - which is what I need because I'm not a big "workout" person. (Its why pole, hoop, silks, and gymnastics are my favorite "workouts"!)

Talking Rob into putting a pole up wasn't hard. But getting him to pay attention now is a whole 'nother story
My friend and I can be doing doubles stuff on the pole and our husbands will sit there and chat as if we aren't even there. They're immune now!

Ever have any questions you know where I'm at
Have fun!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

This thread needs more pics.
Right now they would be me looking like a moron and trying hard to not fall off a pole...
I am far from the graceful stage!!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Awesome!!
I have a 9ft platinum stages permanent stainless pole for sale
I'd also recommend a X-Pole if you get one for the house! I just bought one because it has spin mode on it (my permanent did not because I never expected to use that mode
found out spin is a whole new challenge!)

I've been teaching myself for 1½ years now. Another studio just opened up in the area, but my friend and I are more advanced than those instructors, and they only have 3 poles per class but 12 women per class ... WAY too crowded. I go to studios in NC occasionally - actually bought a LivingSocial deal for the one I frequent the most up in Charlotte. Rob wants me to open a studio, but I don't really have the time between work and school right now. I made my pole room into a 1-pole studio for myself, with a wall of mirrors, Pergo flooring, and my new X-pole. I also teach people some stuff on occasion, and am hoping to get a few to teach from my house to start off. My friend and I actually held a workshop at her place for about 12 women we knew who all left the drama studio and had our friend who is a pro poler (Karol Helms) come teach the workshop for them.

You will look like a cheetah for awhile - pole gives you bruises in places you didn't know you could bruise, and also uses muscles in places you didn't know you had them! The first few classes I took, I couldn't move my arms - Rob had to massage them out because the muscles were so sore! Climbing the pole bruises the crap out of your foot for awhile, but eventually you'll notice that they go away as your skin gets used to it and toughens up to it. Pole burn is always fun too
It's such a fun way to workout though - which is what I need because I'm not a big "workout" person. (Its why pole, hoop, silks, and gymnastics are my favorite "workouts"!)

Talking Rob into putting a pole up wasn't hard. But getting him to pay attention now is a whole 'nother story
My friend and I can be doing doubles stuff on the pole and our husbands will sit there and chat as if we aren't even there. They're immune now!

Ever have any questions you know where I'm at
Have fun!!
Oh man that pole is tempting! I am wanting to put one in the man cave or basement, but we want one we can take out... I really dont want to explain it to his very conservative family why we have a dancers pole..

And yep I have a few lovely bruises on my arms, and a few burns on my legs! Oh well! LOL!

Originally Posted by Draco

now I am intruged.. should look around for pole dancing classes around here, lol
Its pretty awesome! Also this video made me super excited to learn! http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DHFz4JfP3Z4E

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Oh man that pole is tempting! I am wanting to put one in the man cave or basement, but we want one we can take out... I really dont want to explain it to his very conservative family why we have a dancers pole..

And yep I have a few lovely bruises on my arms, and a few burns on my legs! Oh well! LOL!
X-pole is the way to go then
Very reliable pole, easy to set up. Some of the other removables out there are scary! I've known a few people who've fallen off when they come crashing down, but never had an issue with X-poles. My friend has 3 and I have one. Probably will get another around Christmas (I want to have 2 different options
). My mom won't even go near my pole room

Types:
Sport is a static only version of the pole
Xpert is static/spin modes. There are hex-head screws at the bottom that keep it stationary when you want, and when you loosen them it spins.

Diameters:
45mm (1.75") - easier for small hands and getting a good hand grip. Not as great for leg grips, but still do-able.
50mm (2") - easier for leg grips. Standard size pole. Its easier learning on one, so you can get the grips on that first. It's harder going from learning on a small one to a larger one! (In Australia, they have 38mm ones!)

Finish:
Chrome - my favorite. Easy to clean, but take some time to get warmed up. Alcohol works best cleaning. Looks nicest too!
Titanium Gold - Easier to grip without grip aids. More expensive though. My 45mm is a titanium gold (I couldn't pass up a $369 pole going for $215!). It's harder to clean, we learned that window cleaner works best, and grip aids make it slick.

I can't see the video at work, but saw Jenyne's name on it ... Jenyne Butterfly is absolutely AMAZING. I saw her perform in NYC at the USPDF competition in April. She was a special performance, as she's already won a USPDF title. So much strength, control, and grace!