Welcoming Ralph And James

mustardandbologna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meet Ralph (orange tabby) and James (tabby and white). They met while in a foster home, and by all accounts, it was love at first sight. I was actually only planning to adopt one kitty, but after seeing them together, I just couldn't bring myself to split them up.

Ralph is an old soul who enjoys burrowing in blankets, a good meal, and the Furminator. James is a little spitfire who spends his days tearing around after his toy mouse and chirping inquisitively. He really loves grooming both humans and cats.

Ralph is approximately 3 years old and James is 2.5. Both tested positive for FeLV when trapped by Animal Control. They join their big brother, Doctor Cross, who is 11. Poor Doctor was really lonely after we lost Richard to FeLV in February.

I uploaded a picture of Ralph and James here:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. Ralph and James are the cutest pair! It’s wonderful that you could give them a loving home together.

See you around! :wave3:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ralph and James are very handsome kitties. How cool that they met in foster care, and became best buds. :catlove:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool dudes! Thank you for taking them both in x

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I sound like Ralph, except for the Furminator part. They are so sweet!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:welcomesign: Sweet that you were able to take them both. How is Doctor Cross taking to the new kids?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mustardandbologna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign: Sweet that you were able to take them both. How is Doctor Cross taking to the new kids?
Doctor loved his buddy Richard. I actually posted about his final illness here. Richard came to us when he was four months old and he was only 18 months when he died, so Doctor had to adjust to having a kitten around. It was amazing to watch. Doctor became almost like a kitten again himself. He pestered Richard nonstop to wrestle and learned to love his cat tree. He was so lost without Richard; he spent hours wandering the apartment crying for him.

I think having two older, bonded cats move in has been a little strange for him. He is the most adaptable cat I have ever known, though, so I am sure they will be roughhousing in no time.

Photo that depicts Doctor's feelings pretty well: