Purraise
we need pics hon!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much!!!
And Thank you Tammie!!

I'm sorry it took me such a long time to post but the last week has been chaotic to say the least.

Hunter was born Jan 15th at 7:09pm weighing 4lbs 14oz and 18½ inches long!

He may be tiny but he's healthy! It was a very hard labor and delivery on me. We almost lost him twice because my body was simply worn out and his heart rate dropped dangerously low

We got to come home Sunday afternoon to a huge dinner with my future MIL and cousin along with Justice, Deacon and my parents.

Hunter is such a good baby too! He's a sound sleeper and has a huge appetite

The bad news is, when I got the epidural they punctured the Dura in my spine and it caused a spinal fluid leak.
I was in excrutiating pain from Friday night until Tuesday night. We told the anesthesiologist (sp?) in the Hospital and they told me to drink lots of caffiene and rest and it should go away. Well, it didn't.

Tuesday night we ended up in the ER at a different hosptial and they had to do a blood patch in my spine.
It was horrible! But, the migraines, and hearing loss were gone instantly and they sent me home that night

They've had me on bedrest until today.

So I'll shut up now and post a new thread dedicated to our little miracle!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad that you and Hunter are doing well now and are home!

I can sympathize with the spinal leak.

After Ava was born I had the same issue, they sent me home with Tylenol 3 and said it would eventually go away on it's own. I was lucky that it did.

Congratulations again!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by felineorc

Congratulations to Alycia and welcome to the world to little Hunter from over here in Australia.

Enjoy motherhood - everyday will be a challenge, a disaster and absolutely wonderful!!!!
Oh don't I know it! He's my 3rd (and final baby) and I'm still learning

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I'm so glad that you and Hunter are doing well now and are home!

I can sympathize with the spinal leak.

After Ava was born I had the same issue, they sent me home with Tylenol 3 and said it would eventually go away on it's own. I was lucky that it did.

Congratulations again!!
It's horrible pain! And at least they gave you Tylenol 3. They wouldn't give me anything past a Motrin and didn't send me with any pain relievers