Welcome Kerry

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am proud to launch this forum with a welcome thread to our guest expert - Kerry Hyde PhD

Kerry has graciously agreed to host a sub-forum here on TCS and provide us with advice and commentary about feline behavior. Now's your chance to bring up cat behavior issues and questions and get Kerry's unique angle on them.

Kerry will be joining us daily starting on Monday the 18th and will be with us for one week - so make the most of it, folks!

Click here to visit CatPsych.com and get to know Kerry!

Thank you Kerry in behalf of all TCS members!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow what a wonderful thought for a forum

Hello Kerry and welcome to the site

So you'll be with us for one week - hopefully after that you'll be able to drop in now and then to give us some more tips and guidance

Thanks for joining us !

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all! I'm so excited to be sharing my knowledge about kitties and their behavior, I'm looking foward to your questions, keep them coming!
~Kerry

Originally Posted by Anne

I am proud to launch this forum with a welcome thread to our guest expert - Kerry Hyde PhD

Kerry has graciously agreed to host a sub-forum here on TCS and provide us with advice and commentary about feline behavior. Now's your chance to bring up cat behavior issues and questions and get Kerry's unique angle on them.

Kerry will be joining us daily starting on Monday the 18th and will be with us for one week - so make the most of it, folks!

Click here to visit CatPsych.com and get to know Kerry!

Thank you Kerry in behalf of all TCS members!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Kerry, I'm looking forward to reading the discussions that will happen here

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi Kerry!
could you possibly read the thread entitled whining kitty? that one is mine. Thnx for helping with our kittys
-kittylover13

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Kittylover,
Well your kitty has learned if she meows she will be let out, which would be a difficult habit to break. Since she is an indoor/outdoor cat I would suggest giving her a reason to go outside a bit earlier than 12:30am!
I would suggest feeding her dinner outside each night right before you go to bed, this way she will be egar to venture outside at an earlier time (FYI - if feeding wet food, place the wet food in a small bowl then fill a larger bowl with just a bit of water and set the small bowl inside the big bowl, the water acts as a barrier stopping ants and bugs from getting to the wet food) Another option you could do is purchase and install a cat door so your kitty can come and go as she pleases. Pet stores have several models you can choose from these days. I hope this helps and you get your much needed rest.

Take care,
Kerry

Originally Posted by kittylover13

hi Kerry!
could you possibly read the thread entitled whining kitty? that one is mine. Thnx for helping with our kittys
-kittylover13