Weird Treats Your Cat Will Beg For

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our cats (Tara) likes toast. She is so crazy about it that, if she hears the toaster being turned on, she will come running and roll around on the ground until she gets some. I thought it was the butter, which she and the rest love, but it is really just the toast.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lettuce. Oscar absolutely adores lettuce, and will wake up from a sound sleep clear across the house to demand his fair share if someone gets it out of the fridge.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A new one...
dry pasta noodles.
There's meat and cheese on the counter in plain sight/smell, and I'm being tripped and screamed at and launched at because I had a box of dry, boring, uncooked odorless pasta noodles in my hands.
:dunno:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to be very cautious when eating Cheetos. Peaches will sit next to me,stare at the plate, growl,or bite me
I gave up nacho's and cheese because Baby Girl, the resident cheese-head, had no problem just kind of diving into the cheese and ignoring my screaming and flying chips because she just wanted that damned cheese.
You know how most cats are thoughtful, decisive, patient, take their time, etc.? How a cat outside will spend 45 minutes stalking a tiny bug in order to win? Not her. She wants it, she takes it and has no hesitation, no thought, no patience. She just walks up and takes it. She's like a spoiled kid. Oh wait, she IS a spoiled kid.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave up nacho's and cheese because Baby Girl, the resident cheese-head, had no problem just kind of diving into the cheese and ignoring my screaming and flying chips because she just wanted that damned cheese.
You know how most cats are thoughtful, decisive, patient, take their time, etc.? How a cat outside will spend 45 minutes stalking a tiny bug in order to win? Not her. She wants it, she takes it and has no hesitation, no thought, no patience. She just walks up and takes it. She's like a spoiled kid. Oh wait, she IS a spoiled kid.
Our cats must be related!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily loves cheese, too. I have a rapt audience when eating string cheese and have to give her a few strings to satisfy her. She also loves cream cheese, and when I have a bagel with cream cheese in the morning, she will wait a few minutes and then head to the kitchen to lick the knife in the sink. So enough of jumping on the counters. I got one of those motion sensor cans of air, and set it near a knife laden with cream cheese one morning. True to form, she headed for the kitchen and a few minutes later I heard a lot of crashing and banging and a cat streaked by. Haven't had any problems with cream cheese since.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A new one...
dry pasta noodles.
There's meat and cheese on the counter in plain sight/smell, and I'm being tripped and screamed at and launched at because I had a box of dry, boring, uncooked odorless pasta noodles in my hands.
:dunno:
:lol: We have to keep all packages of pasta in plastic storage containers, because Mowgli will rip open the bags or boxes and eat the contents, despite having just his front teeth. It wouldn't be so bad if he weren't allergic to grains. He's the same way with bread.

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Molly seems to have a real liking for banana peppers. I had read that humans are the only animal that enjoys capsaicin. So when she was bothering me for a slice a pizza I picked a banana pepper off to try to get her to leave me alone. She gobbled it up and I got scared it would upset her stomach. At first I thought she was just tolerating the spice for the leftover cheese flavor, but now at least a year later she comes running when I open a jar.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow begs for most kinds of bread products, Nutrigrain bars and the absolute top of her list, Twinkies. She will quit begging and go away if I ignore her on everything but the Twinkies. Those she will climb up and steal if not given any.