TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
could it be cancer!?!?!? someone please help me try to figure this out

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Is your cat an indoor or outdoor cat? If he goes outdoors it's possible he came into contact with something environmental. I'm not a medical expert but it looks like it could be some type of fungus or even allergy related. Have you changed his diet or anything in your home? Regardless, I'm glad you're taking him to the vet next week. I thought this Article might have some helpful information for you: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Try not to worry and make a list of all your questions for the vet. Please keep us posted on his progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jemuzu95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Is your cat an indoor or outdoor cat? If he goes outdoors it's possible he came into contact with something environmental. I'm not a medical expert but it looks like it could be some type of fungus or even allergy related. Have you changed his diet or anything in your home? Regardless, I'm glad you're taking him to the vet next week. I thought this Article might have some helpful information for you: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Try not to worry and make a list of all your questions for the vet. Please keep us posted on his progress. :alright:
hi, he is outdoor and no change in diet. (although he does eat everything and anything he can find lol so who knows what he’s eaten recently) and no change in the home either. thank you for the link and yes will keep it updated on here :)

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum.

That explains it. Every problem a cat can get is more likely to happen to an outdoor cat than an indoor one except obesity. You need to keep him inside unless he is a feral cat who would destroy the house.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi J jemuzu95 and welcome to TCS!
My boy loves to lie out in his enclosure and gets bitten by mossies. He has an allergy and gets lumps similar to the one on your cat's nose. They too seem to grow, but would over time, disappear. I now don't let him out when the bities are bad.
Please don't worry too much, and let us know what the vet says. :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
How strange! I'm concerned about the open wound.. it really needs checking by a vet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm concerned about the open wound.. it really needs checking by a vet.
:yeah: Ditto!

Can you contact your vet and ask if you could send a pic of the open wound to him/her? Then ask if you should make an appointment for your cat. Since the wound is open you wouldn't want it to become infected.