Weird Stories

Resigned

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any random, weird stories of things that have happened to them? I do, and I need to write them down somewhere, so here is one that happened recently. Please share your stories as well.

-
So, last week I was proctoring an exam for an accounting professor of mine who is out of the country. The school is downtown of a large city. I get in and get settled. One student comes in with the worst body odor I have ever smelled, but I don't think much of it. It's college near finals, students don't always keep up the best personal hygiene during times like this. Another student waives me over and tells me he doesn't think this student is part of the class. Once again, I don't think much of it. Some students don't come to many classes, he probably doesn't recognize her. No one takes upper level accounting exams for fun. I ask her if she is part of the class, and she says she is. So I sit down and start writing my professor an email, informing him of the situation and telling him how weird I found it/ asking his advice.

Tangentially related, as I am writing, another student comes in and sits by the door, and I give him an exam and then go back to my own stuff. Suddenly, this student bolts out the door with the exam in hand. I chase after him, but to no avail. (He stole the exam because he was taking it in another section of this class)

Meanwhile, students in the class are asking to move because of that one person's body odor. I let them. Then "the student" calls me over to ask a question about the exam. When she does, I realize there is no way she is part of this class. I ask to see her student ID, she doesn't have one. I ask her the name of the professor, she can't tell me. So then I ask her nicely to leave. She acknowledges she isn't part of the class, but begs me to let her finish the exam. I threaten to call campus police, so then she gets up to go. About half way to the door, she stops and asks to stay again, and so then I make myself as stern and big as possible, and "herd" her out the door like I would shoo away a naughty horse that got in my personal space. All I wanted was to get her out as quickly as possible so that the students could finish their exam, and I thought me expelling her would be quicker and less dramatic than calling security (though in hindsight, probably should have called them just in case it turned dangerous). All within the first 20 minutes of the exam. Needless to say, I gave the students a little extra time.

-
So yeah, still don't know what to think about that. It was cold and rainy that day, so I think it was a homeless person just trying to stay warm, but an accounting exam is no place to do that, and there is a public library just down the street.

Anyways, if you have any stories to add, please do! I would love to hear them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked at a grocery store for 5 years and I have my fair share of weird stuff that happened.
On one of my first days there, I had a man come in saying the cake he baked didn't turn out and he wanted a replacement box. He brought in the baked cake in a paper bag. I had no idea what to do and he just went and took a box and left before I could really do anything with him.
I also had one person get really mad about getting overcharged a few cents on a candy bar and then even madder because I wasn't "taking it seriously." She literally CAME BACK to the store to dispute those few cents and probably spent more in gas driving back.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jayflower is a bit of a clairvoyant. Unfortunately my clairvoyant ability only seems to be for useless, unimportant things. Like for example, sometimes I'll be thinking about a song in my head, then I turn on the radio and that exact song just happens to be playing...stuff like that.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only four people in my life know this story because I do not want people to think I am crazy. Since none of you know me in real life, please, let me assure you that I am not crazy. I am a rational, science-minded individual who has spent a decade trying to explain away what I saw.

In the summer of 2008, my now-ex-husband and I were taking a four-wheeler ride through a field owned by a friend of his about two miles from our house. We lived in a quasi-country area with lots of fields and wooded areas. We had been on that trail several times prior to the event, but this was our last time. It was edged by a cornfield and had catnip and wild blackberries, making it a favorite path.

The sun was getting low but far from sunset. We had just picked the catnip and were on our way further into the field. At first, it looked like four deer grazing. The closer we got, the less they looked like deer. In fact, they were eating a deer.

I would say that they were wild dogs with mange; however, they were taller than any dog I had ever seen, long, thing, a dark charcoal grey, and long snouts. Their ears were a lot like Doberman ears, but larger and longer and pointing backward. I am 5' tall and know how I measure against the corn. These things were at least as tall as I am.

By the time we realized that they were not deer or dogs, they had picked up their heads and observed us. My now-ex-husband told me to hold on to him and he cut across the field. We both were terrified that they had followed us, but they must have been more interested in eating than chasing.

I keep telling myself that they were dogs, but my brain disagrees with me. Had my ex and I not seen the same thing, I would swear it was some kind of hallucination.

No, I was not on drugs. I have never done any sort of recreational drug. Hex, I do not like taking the ones I am supposed to take! (None of which would make me see anything.)

Nope, not drunk either. I have never had so much as a sip of alcohol in my life. Not even Communion wine when I was a Catholic.

I did not "see what I wanted to see" because I wanted to see deer or dogs, or something else my brain and logic could easily explain.

Maybe they were a band of starving wild Great Danes, but they were shaped wrong. I have seen Great Danes in person. They are broader boned than what we saw. These things were lissome. Nor were they coyotes, which are much smaller. (I see coyotes often enough that I would have been able to tell.)

Again: I am not crazy!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only four people in my life know this story because I do not want people to think I am crazy. Since none of you know me in real life, please, let me assure you that I am not crazy. I am a rational, science-minded individual who has spent a decade trying to explain away what I saw.

In the summer of 2008, my now-ex-husband and I were taking a four-wheeler ride through a field owned by a friend of his about two miles from our house. We lived in a quasi-country area with lots of fields and wooded areas. We had been on that trail several times prior to the event, but this was our last time. It was edged by a cornfield and had catnip and wild blackberries, making it a favorite path.

The sun was getting low but far from sunset. We had just picked the catnip and were on our way further into the field. At first, it looked like four deer grazing. The closer we got, the less they looked like deer. In fact, they were eating a deer.

I would say that they were wild dogs with mange; however, they were taller than any dog I had ever seen, long, thing, a dark charcoal grey, and long snouts. Their ears were a lot like Doberman ears, but larger and longer and pointing backward. I am 5' tall and know how I measure against the corn. These things were at least as tall as I am.

By the time we realized that they were not deer or dogs, they had picked up their heads and observed us. My now-ex-husband told me to hold on to him and he cut across the field. We both were terrified that they had followed us, but they must have been more interested in eating than chasing.

I keep telling myself that they were dogs, but my brain disagrees with me. Had my ex and I not seen the same thing, I would swear it was some kind of hallucination.

No, I was not on drugs. I have never done any sort of recreational drug. Hex, I do not like taking the ones I am supposed to take! (None of which would make me see anything.)

Nope, not drunk either. I have never had so much as a sip of alcohol in my life. Not even Communion wine when I was a Catholic.

I did not "see what I wanted to see" because I wanted to see deer or dogs, or something else my brain and logic could easily explain.

Maybe they were a band of starving wild Great Danes, but they were shaped wrong. I have seen Great Danes in person. They are broader boned than what we saw. These things were lissome. Nor were they coyotes, which are much smaller. (I see coyotes often enough that I would have been able to tell.)

Again: I am not crazy!
Were they wolves? I know wolves can be huge, often bigger than what people think. Or did they have short hair?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were they wolves? I know wolves can be huge, often bigger than what people think. Or did they have short hair?
Wolves can vary region to region in size, shape, color, coat, etc., and some of them are really, REALLY big.
Irish Wolfhounds are BIG DOGS and are usually pretty long and lean-ish, but the odds of a wild pack of wolfhounds roaming around is slim. And they're scruffy looking. Scottish Deerhounds, too, but again...not usually a popular enough breed to see them wandering around and packing up.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and to join in the weirdness...
Took a snap shot of a dog, and the very differently colored rear end of a dog that had died a year or so ago was plain in the bottom right portion of the shot.
No other dog has the color this dog had.
So who knows. I'm not wishy washy (much) but I'm not stupid, and know the difference between a black dog-butt and a red dog-butt.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. They were sleek and not nearly as large-boned as a wolf. Also, we are in Ohio. From what I have read, there are no wild wolves in Ohio, although coywolves have been documented. Still, they are too hairy and not built right.

Wolves can vary region to region in size, shape, color, coat, etc., and some of them are really, REALLY big.
Irish Wolfhounds are BIG DOGS and are usually pretty long and lean-ish, but the odds of a wild pack of wolfhounds roaming around is slim. And they're scruffy looking. Scottish Deerhounds, too, but again...not usually a popular enough breed to see them wandering around and packing up.
Neither are tall enough or shaped correctly. Nor do they have the right fur.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. They were sleek and not nearly as large-boned as a wolf. Also, we are in Ohio. From what I have read, there are no wild wolves in Ohio, although coywolves have been documented. Still, they are too hairy and not built right.

Neither are tall enough or shaped correctly. Nor do they have the right fur.
Very, very strange.
You're in NE Ohio? Not exactly wolf country is it, but there are some coyotes but doubtful they'd be nearly that big, or the right shape.
Friends of mine have lived in Ohio for decades and swore up and down they saw a large wolf once, resembling a gray wolf, but there is no real document so unless someone's illegal pet escaped....
but to see four? Weird.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I have more weird but true stories than the internet can hold. Ok that's an exaggeration, but I have A. Lot. Speaking of exaggerating, people probably think I'm making them up when I tell them. I do wish a lot of them weren't real. But then again not really, because it's what makes me me, and why sometimes when things get rough, I try and push thru because I gotta stay tuned for the next episode ...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have more weird but true stories than the internet can hold.
Well, tell us some of them!

I've been reading the "glitch in the matrix" reddit, and it's fascinating.

I am either too clueless to see it or nothing weird ever happens to me. I once saw a cougar but my brain was trying to see a deer, so it took me several minutes to realize I saw a cougar. . .but that's just a brain glitch and not all that weird.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, tell us some of them!

I've been reading the "glitch in the matrix" reddit, and it's fascinating.

I am either too clueless to see it or nothing weird ever happens to me. I once saw a cougar but my brain was trying to see a deer, so it took me several minutes to realize I saw a cougar. . .but that's just a brain glitch and not all that weird.
I worked a 12 hour shift on my feet today with lingering whiplash.. I'm too tired to compose a good one right now. I should really write more of them out to pull out at a moment's notice... Well, I did used to have a website with some of them, but a lot of my content on that site (and some of the stories) were quite NSFW and I have grown up to be *SLIGHTLY* more reserved, thank gawd... Ha! I mean, I'm certainly no stick in the mud now, but sheesh, I shudder to think at my old wild self...
I'll see if I can use an old archive and heavily edit (ie remove the naughty words) of at least one of them... Another day tho. This is an actual pic of me right now: :dizzy:

EDIT: Oh here was a weird fun thing from just today... Actually it happens pretty often: I fill scripts regularly for people I was actually locked up in the loony bin with. Yup. It's a small world after all! :D

Edit again: Oh and since y'all are talking about animals, there was that whole thing last Sunday with the bald eagle in the road that caused us to get rear-ended...(hence my whiplash)
And the g-d eagle stayed around for the whole time watching the scene. Eying us victims, the cop, the rescue squad, and tow truck drivers... He was mocking us, I'm certain of it.
Entitled little prick. #merica (that's not meant to be political, but take it as such if you want to I guess)

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very, very strange.
You're in NE Ohio? Not exactly wolf country is it, but there are some coyotes but doubtful they'd be nearly that big, or the right shape.
Friends of mine have lived in Ohio for decades and swore up and down they saw a large wolf once, resembling a gray wolf, but there is no real document so unless someone's illegal pet escaped....
but to see four? Weird.
At the time, I was living on the outskirts of Castalia, Ohio, so more than an hour west of where I am now. I have seen lots of coyotes living in the country and rural area I live in now. I agree, they would have to be giant coyotes! Haha!

It IS weird! You can understand why I just do not tell everyone!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this would be considered weird or not, but it was memorable for me. When I was 14 or so, my family went to visit my grandparents in Florida for Thanksgiving. My sister (who was 11), brother (who was 7) and I walked to this park near my grandparents' house with our dog. My brother was running around and my sister and I were trying to collect a couple of tennis balls for our dog that were left in the muck by the tennis courts. There was this guy who was sort of nearby and I got a creepy vibe from him, so I mentioned it to my sister and she said she was feeling creeped out too. We didn't want to freak out our brother or draw attention to us, so we kind of herded him away and went back to our grandparents' place. Nothing happened, but it was weird to me that both my sister and I got the same feeling about the guy.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a strange one that happened about 12 years ago that still has me scratching my head.
We used to live on 2.5 fenced acres that were surrounded by acres of Florida woods. The woods were predominantly oak and pine trees with lots of leaf litter covering the ground. We were used to the sounds of various critters like possums making lots of noise out there at night as they tramped around.
One night we heard something crashing around that sounded BIG. We were certain it must be a human because the only other large animal we had ever seen were deer and they walk almost silently despite all the leaves and underbrush.
So, armed with flashlights, we headed toward the sound to confront whoever it was. They had no business being there.
When we reached the fenceline our flashlights illuminated an animal. One we have never been able to identify.
It was about 8 feet away on the other side of our fence. It was backed up against the trunk of a huge "granddaddy" oak tree. It was sort of on it's haunches with his head and back against the tree. In that position, it seemed about three feet tall. It had gray and black fur and a long snout. The thing I remember most was it's eyes. They were HUGE, like saucers. The poor thing was terrified. You could see the whites around it's eyes. I swear I could feel it's fear radiating off of it. The other thing I felt was that it was a baby. I know, how do you know it's a baby if you don't know what it is? I can't explain it. It just felt like I was looking at a terrified baby...something. My partner wanted to get a ladder and jump the fence to investigate further, but I stopped her. If it was a baby, momma would be around and none to happy. We looked at it for a few minutes more and then left it.
It was gone when I looked in the morning. I still don't know what it was. I keep telling myself it was a bear cub, but it didn't look like one. The body size was right, but the snout much too long, the head too small, the eyes too large. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it looked more like a furry little elephant than anything. I am aware that this sounds crazy but my partner saw the exact same thing as I did. I think about that frightened critter quite often and really wish I knew what it was.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it have been a Amadillo? We were in Florida once and here something walking in the woods one night and we thought for sure it was an human. But when it came out of the woods we saw that it was an Amadillo.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some say that baby sasquatches have snouts. . .sort of like how young orangutans have snouts but their face flattens out with age. But that wouldn't look like an elephant! Just ape-like. Freaky!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mine is more of a brain stutter moment.

My company does dangerous work. Guys can get hurt very easily even with the best safety measures. On the day in question a guy did get hurt. My boss was at the hospital mointoring care and being with the family.

There was a minor problem in the office with the receptionist. I told her I'd contact my boss when possible but it would likely need to wait until the emergency was handled. Not even 15 minutes later there is a building page, "Boss call ext 133".

Rolling my eyes I go up front assuming she didn't understand me when I said he wouldn't be in.

Me: He won't be in today.
Receptionist: Really?
Me: Yes, he is with the emergency. He won't be in today and isn't answering the phone for anyone other then bigwigs.
R: Oh... Can you give me professional advice?
Me: Sure.
R: This guy came by and dropped off a pumpkin pie for boss. Do you think I could have some?
Me:........
R: (Gets up to go across office to mailboxes, grabs business cards( See this guy (shows card). Dropped off this pie (points at pie box on her desk).
Me: It would be best to put it in the refrigerator and wait for boss to ocme in. It's pumpkin, it will keep.
R: But I wanted some pie..... Maybe I will message him.
Me: He won't reply today.
R: Really?

I just walked away. I went by her desk two hours later and the pie was still on her desk.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it have been a Amadillo? We were in Florida once and here something walking in the woods one night and we thought for sure it was an human. But when it came out of the woods we saw that it was an Amadillo.
Definitely not an armadillo. We are quite familiar with them. This was furry and much, much bigger.

Q2U

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was working in the back yard. Hard back breaking work building a patio. I started thinking about my cousin, Cathy, who I hadn’t seen or spoken to in 8 years. We we’re close when we were young but grew apart as we aged. I was thinking that I’d like to see her again. 5 minutes later the phone rang...it was Cathy calling.