Weird spot/lumps on cat

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m calling the vet when they open Monday to bring him in but thought I’d ask here in the mean time. The last few days we’ve noticed some scabs/bumps on my cats head I’ve cleaned them and they just heal and leave a bald spot and nothing comes of it. Then we started noticing what feel like lumps or hard spots under his skin, he has a couple on his neck, side and belly. I was searching for any signs of fleas etc. Today to try and get a lead on why this is happening and found this odd spot that looked like something in a hole on his side almost? (See the attached picture) It was far enough on his side I don’t think it’s a nipple (I could be very wrong lol) and it’s almost non existent until you pull the skin tighter. Has anyone seen this before, is it an insect/parasite burrowed in his skin or something along those lines? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks for reading this all :)

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm honestly not sure what could be causing the scab or bump in your pic but glad you will be contacting your vet on Monday. Perhaps you could even send them the pic you posted. In the meantime, I thought this Article that discusses skin conditions in cats might have some helpful information for you: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Hopefully other members will be able to offer their advice or suggestions. Best of luck and please keep us updated. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly not sure what could be causing the scab or bump in your pic but glad you will be contacting your vet on Monday. Perhaps you could even send them the pic you posted. In the meantime, I thought this Article that discusses skin conditions in cats might have some helpful information for you: Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

Hopefully other members will be able to offer their advice or suggestions. Best of luck and please keep us updated. :alright:
Thanks! I’ll take a look, I appreciate it! I was planning on asking if I could send them the picture somehow! I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tuxedokittylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m calling the vet when they open Monday to bring him in but thought I’d ask here in the mean time. The last few days we’ve noticed some scabs/bumps on my cats head I’ve cleaned them and they just heal and leave a bald spot and nothing comes of it. Then we started noticing what feel like lumps or hard spots under his skin, he has a couple on his neck, side and belly. I was searching for any signs of fleas etc. Today to try and get a lead on why this is happening and found this odd spot that looked like something in a hole on his side almost? (See the attached picture) It was far enough on his side I don’t think it’s a nipple (I could be very wrong lol) and it’s almost non existent until you pull the skin tighter. Has anyone seen this before, is it an insect/parasite burrowed in his skin or something along those lines? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks for reading this all :)
Update, upon further inspection and some googling I was in fact very wrong 😂. The way he was laying had his extra skin in a weird place making this look higher up than it was. It was in fact a nipple, I learnt through my googling that it is possible for nipples to become inverted and collect debris essentially like belly button lint for humans! So it was just some debris stuck in there. You learn something new everyday! However, I’m still contacting the vet Monday regarding his other odd lumps on his neck.