Weird mass/lump on paw

allisonsparks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat snowie is about 12-13 years old. 2 weeks ago I noticed what looked like a pinkish ball on her front right paw. 6 days ago it was pinkish-red (shown in picture) and now it is dark purple-red (shown in other picture). I don’t know if I should be worried. I don’t think it has grown in size but it does hurt her to the touch. (Not sure if it is relevant to the “mass” but she was declawed when she was a kitten many years ago). E9F032C7-D543-4800-A756-56A6AE5C4147.jpeg 0D3E8F32-0BEA-40BA-BC0C-BA827BC81C83.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The very fact that it hurts her to have it touched is enough to warrant a vet visit. It may have to be drained and then treated in order to resolve the problem. Better to have her under the care of a vet to accomplish this instead of waiting for it to possibly burst on its own. If your vet will accept pictures, you might consider sending these to them - I would sincerely guess they are going to want to see her sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This looks like some kind of infection, you should definitely take her to the vet as soon as possible.