Weird large bumpy scab on kittens tail

lizardjones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got a kitten from the humane society about a month ago and she has developed a scabby area at the top of her tail. I've taken her to a vet for a different issue (ear mites and internal parasites) which was resolved. She got a month worth of flea medicine so I know it's not fleas and I don't believe she has ringworm. What could this be???

Last edited:

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wanted to refer you  to the forum rules:

No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice. Remember that cats, and especially kittens, are very adept in keeping pain to themselves and delaying treatment may cause irreversible damage.

I really can't tell for sure what the skin problem may be but it could be ringworm. My best advice is to take her back to the vet. I would  call the humane society and hopefully they can have their vet see her free of charge.

lbeau17156

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good evening,
I know this is like, 7 years later?? but my kitten seems to have the same thing. Did you figure out what was wrong? Thanks.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Good evening,
I know this is like, 7 years later?? but my kitten seems to have the same thing. Did you figure out what was wrong? Thanks.
Hi lbeau17156 lbeau17156 and welcome to TCS!
It's probably best to start your own thread about this, with a photo if possible. :)