Weird household objects as toys

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday someone gave my husband a box of wild Japanese mushrooms - very tasty and so expensive if you have to buy them. This morning we woke up to find half of them shredded and buried in the kitchen litter box. Mr Husband is not happy, and all the kitties are looking very smug and refusing to admit which one of them did it. I don't think anyone will be getting any treats for a while......

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol!! Tha
Yesterday someone gave my husband a box of wild Japanese mushrooms - very tasty and so expensive if you have to buy them. This morning we woke up to find half of them shredded and buried in the kitchen litter box. Mr Husband is not happy, and all the kitties are looking very smug and refusing to admit which one of them did it. I don't think anyone will be getting any treats for a while......
[/quote
Lol!! That is a bit naughty! Imagine how much fun it was though!!!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats find all kinds of things to play with. When you wake up things can be out of place.

icy87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat loves my nail files. I always have to take them away from him. 

And my husband loves to eat frozen grapes, so if one falls Shadow is right there to catch it and play bouncy ball with it.. except grapes are bad for cats!! So I have to take it away from him as well. 

My cats love the bathtub as well!! Sometimes they paw at my shadow through the curtain while I shower and lose their balance and fall in!

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I was cleaning the salt shaker and I put the lid and shaker on a towel to dry overnight.I woke up this morning and the lid was gone. I know Thunder took it cause she is always takes small things. I have looked all over the kitchen and finally found it near the couch with is near the kitchen. We have a small apartment and there is no wall dividing the 2 rooms. I have found toy mice under the stove too. 

icy87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now that you guys mention baloons, I was washing dishes one day and the soap created a lot of bubbles when I squeezed it.

Shadow now waits for bubbles to come up when i do the dishes... lol 

he loves bubbles. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo my kitten was chewing on my husbands guitar strings this morning. She strums a little too! Shhh we best not tell hubby!!!

renaru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my slipper. Chiba carries it around with her and fights it and loves it and fights it again. Only the left she won't touch the right one.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I just came across the opposite.. an unusual use for a cat toy:

My singing group got together this afternoon.. we sing harmonies and use drums, tambourines etc as percussion.

We were right into a favourite tune when we realised my friend's daughter was using Sundar's squeaky mouse to keep the beat.

And the weird thing is, it worked. 

ericapaige85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Q-tips (she doesn't eat the tips fortunately, just bats them around.  by far her favorite and if i throw one to her she almost always goes after it

tobykitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Paper tubes from toilet paper rolls

Lids to beer bottles/milk bottles

Paper bags

Paper boxes

Hair scrunchies

Balled up wax paper

I don't do any kind of twine/string because I'm too afraid of him accidentally eating it.

angryrectangle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitties also love caps.. but they especially love to play with them in the middle of the night, and wake me up with that suuuuuuper annoying sound.

Also - my male cat LOVES to play with vegetables; eggplant, green beans, and peppers in particular. My cats are NOT allowed in the kitchen (cuz they are SUPER naughty) and every now and then I'll accidentally leave the door open only to discover a mangled eggplant covered in cat hair on the bed. Mmmmm...

megan elizabeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lately I've been working on some DIY projects using hot glue. Zelda loves the hot glue sticks and I find them all around the house now.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sugar likes to bring her toy mice to me so we can play fetch. Last night, she dropped one - or so I thought - next to me and it went thump. It was a partial roll of Mentos that she had stolen off the computer table. I looked at it, picked it up, put it back down and she took off with it in her mouth. I saw her playing with it, but didn't feel like getting up and taking it away from her. I found it on the floor this morning, right next to one of her favorite mice. Wacko cat.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cats find all kinds of things to play with. When you wake up things can be out of place.
ok when the toys mice go flying in the litter ,time to throw them away. I can always go to the dollar store and buy more.

4rescuedkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 2 youngest cats - cocoa and mocha love to play with plastics bags my husband has rolled into balls for recycling. They love to play fetch with them and bat them around!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Thunder has a new toy but I did take it away from her. She got under my kitchen sink and got a SOS pad. I just hope she didn't chew on it.

twckittenmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lets see, my large make up fan brush (easiest to get from the leather case)

any of my crochet granny squares. i can never make a blanket because there always missing.

hair ties.

bottle caps,

straws( they dont chew thm, as soon as the smushed in any way they dnt like them anymore)

plastic grocery bags,

the toilet paper roll.......

my socked foot.

my toothbrush(s)

my shoes,

the rug (they crawl under it for some odd reason)

the dangly fan cord(they turn the lights on and off)

water in any form.... 

oh and the newest entertainment. soda bubbles my kitten sits over a cup and stares and makes yowly noises in excitment (strange kitty)

also the best entertainment a cat knows, pushing things off a counter and watching it fall (anything and everything from vases to paperclips -.-)