Weird cat anatomy question

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello.

I know this is a dumb question. I have a 14 lb cat that i avoid carrying (she hates it and shes heavy. ) lol

I had to carry her a while back and underneath her arm pit area i felt a tiny bump, is this where her nipple would be located? She was spayed at 3 months old and never had kittens (don't know if that matters. )

I know this is weird, but i panic at the thought of anything being wrong with my cats.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a nipple, the best thing to do is to start stroking her when she is laying down and try to get her to lay on her back. They usually have 8 nipples, you could trace 4 of them up one side. The top ones are almost even with her 'armpit' and are usually the smallest. I know the feeling, whenever there is something unusual, or not noticed before, it can bring on paranoia and obsession with what is different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a nipple, the best thing to do is to start stroking her when she is laying down and try to get her to lay on her back. They usually have 8 nipples, you could trace 4 of them up one side. The top ones are almost even with her 'armpit' and are usually the smallest. I know the feeling, whenever there is something unusual, or not noticed before, it can bring on paranoia and obsession with what is different.
That's exactly how i feel. Thanks for responding!
I will try as you suggest. :heartshape:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could also be a skin tag. Or even an object sticking there. If I got the location right, that's not a place they can self-clean as well as the other body parts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could also be a skin tag. Or even an object sticking there. If I got the location right, that's not a place they can self-clean as well as the other body parts.
i want to ask her vet, but i am putting off her yearly check up. i was supposed to take her march, but my put it off due to covid. my vet is still doing curb side pick ups. The last time i left my cat alone at the vet (to get a urine sample) she had to be sedated the second she couldnt see me as they took her to the cages in the back. She went crazy. :sigh:

Hopefully they will allow people inside with their pets soon.