Weird bump on paw pad

kayleebri1010

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, there!

We noticed a month or so ago that Oolong has a bump on his paw. After checking to make sure there was no foreign body embedded, we thought maybe it was just a scab. We keep an eye on it, and it hasn’t never changed at all. He doesn’t lick or bite at it, and he walks fine; in fact, we wouldn’t even know it was there if my husband hadn’t happened to feel it because Oolong doesn’t act like he’s bothered at all.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I’ve been debating a vet appointment, but with COVID and the fact that he seems unbothered, I can’t decide if it’s okay to just observe.

Thanks!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a horned claw, they dont usually cause any problems. If it grows bigger and starts to cause any discomfort, ask your vet to check it out and trim it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayleebri1010

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like a horned claw, they dont usually cause any problems. If it grows bigger and starts to cause any discomfort, ask your vet to check it out and trim it.
Thank you so much for the input! You're right--it does look a lot like a horned claw. I'll continue keeping an eye on it. :)