Weird behavior

Robyn G.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had many cats in my life. My newest cat has a weird habit of grabbing hold of his blanket with his mouth, holding on tight while he kneads. THEN he starts humping the blanket too! If I pull the blanket away from his mouth he cries. Just never saw this before.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's substituting the blanket for the female's skin on the back of the neck. Is he neutered? If not having him neutered would make him less frustrated and this may stop. Sometimes not. It gives him pleasure.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to my world!

Artie and now Geoffrey, do that with anything fleece!
And they were neutered when small.

Artie had one blanket.

Geoffrey does it to anything fleece.

Artie would go on and on and on—- getting “Happy “ , jumping down and then go at it again! I be always saw his pee-pee as he was washing up, after each escapade.

Geoffrey, is a lot different. It takes him so long!! I do not even know if he gets completely “happy “.
It is to the point that I cannot have any fleece shirts, lounging clothes on my bed. Never mind throws and blankets!

I was embarrassed to ask the about this behavior. One Vet was horrified! Said to stop him immediately. The other 2 said, let him be happy.

It is kind of icky to see, especially when it is on a piece of my clothing.

Geoffrey is aware of the phrase “STOP it!! “. And “Lie Down “. He does so, hesitatingly, with sad, frightened eyes.

I guess this can be just a normal behavior for some males. Ugh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn G.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to my world!

Artie and now Geoffrey, do that with anything fleece!
And they were neutered when small.

Artie had one blanket.

Geoffrey does it to anything fleece.

Artie would go on and on and on—- getting “Happy “ , jumping down and then go at it again! I be always saw his pee-pee as he was washing up, after each escapade.

Geoffrey, is a lot different. It takes him so long!! I do not even know if he gets completely “happy “.
It is to the point that I cannot have any fleece shirts, lounging clothes on my bed. Never mind throws and blankets!

I was embarrassed to ask the about this behavior. One Vet was horrified! Said to stop him immediately. The other 2 said, let him be happy.

It is kind of icky to see, especially when it is on a piece of my clothing.

Geoffrey is aware of the phrase “STOP it!! “. And “Lie Down “. He does so, hesitatingly, with sad, frightened eyes.

I guess this can be just a normal behavior for some males. Ugh.
Yeah, his penis is out after a while. He jumps off the blanket then licks himself. Oye!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn G.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's substituting the blanket for the female's skin on the back of the neck. Is he neutered? If not having him neutered would make him less frustrated and this may stop. Sometimes not. It gives him pleasure.
He is neutered. I adopted him at a shelter where my last cat came from. He'll only do it with a fuzzy blanket, so maybe I just need to put a smooth blanket on his napping spots!

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dog (female, spayed) does this too. It's part of her nightly calm down routine:-/

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He is neutered. I adopted him at a shelter where my last cat came from. He'll only do it with a fuzzy blanket, so maybe I just need to put a smooth blanket on his napping spots!
He enjoys a fuzzy blanket so I certainly wouldn’t take that away from him. Just leave him to it and ignore what happens.

amullins17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a neutered cat that did the same on anything wool. And since I lived in Minnesota, that meant me whenever I wore a sweater. His penis would appear almost immediately. I had no idea what was going on, and had never heard a similar story, but he was humping constantly!