Weight gain!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Twyla is stuck at 13.2 pounds. Not sure what to reduce. I may have started being a little generous when measuring out her 2 tablespoons of dry. I would really like to get her under 13 pounds.
Yeah I hear you. I started weighing Presleys dry because when I measured it out it was definitely more than what she should have been getting! Maybe my measuring spoons were big idk Maybe try that if you have a food scale!

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I hear you. I started weighing Presleys dry because when I measured it out it was definitely more than what she should have been getting! Maybe my measuring spoons were big idk Maybe try that if you have a food scale!
I do have a food scale so I am going back to measuring rather than eyeballing it.

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do have a food scale so I am going back to measuring rather than eyeballing it.
Presley weighs 15.2 this week so she stayed the same. Im going to hold her calories at 220 again this week and if she gains or stays the same next week I'll go down by 10 calories again. She already acts like I'm starving her! Did weighing the dry food help twyla?

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Presley weighs 15.2 this week so she stayed the same. Im going to hold her calories at 220 again this week and if she gains or stays the same next week I'll go down by 10 calories again. She already acts like I'm starving her! Did weighing the dry food help twyla?
Still stuck at 13.2 pounds! Even with measuring the dry so I guess I wasn't overdoing how much she was getting. May try and reduce it by a teaspoon to see if that helps. She also acts like I am starving her. She does seem to be more active though. I really thought she had lost when I weighed us together this morning, but when I weighed myself I had lost almost two pounds instead. So not an entirely disappointing weigh in. Hope Presley makes progress this week.

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still stuck at 13.2 pounds! Even with measuring the dry so I guess I wasn't overdoing how much she was getting. May try and reduce it by a teaspoon to see if that helps. She also acts like I am starving her. She does seem to be more active though. I really thought she had lost when I weighed us together this morning, but when I weighed myself I had lost almost two pounds instead. So not an entirely disappointing weigh in. Hope Presley makes progress this week.
Oh that's a bummer! But good for you on the two pounds! Yeah, it's tough when they act like you are starving them. I'll weigh Presley tomorrow. I'm not too worried about this week. Presley is having a flair of fic, she peed outside the litter box yesterday so I've been giving her extra supplements and such with treats to get them down her so her weight might be up slightly which I don't care about right now. I have to call the vet tomorrow. It's a bummer as she had been good for 7months and now this out of the blue. I'm hoping I caught it early!!

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that's a bummer! But good for you on the two pounds! Yeah, it's tough when they act like you are starving them. I'll weigh Presley tomorrow. I'm not too worried about this week. Presley is having a flair of fic, she peed outside the litter box yesterday so I've been giving her extra supplements and such with treats to get them down her so her weight might be up slightly which I don't care about right now. I have to call the vet tomorrow. It's a bummer as she had been good for 7months and now this out of the blue. I'm hoping I caught it early!!
Hope Presley gets better soon!

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Presley doing? Hope she is feeling better.

Twyla weighed an even 13 pounds when I weighed her today using my regular scale and holding her, so a .2 loss. However a few days ago I was able to get her to mostly hold still on the baby scale I bought for my previous cat and she weighed 12.1. I have no idea which scale is correct, and the baby scale is really sensitive to movement. I need to try weighing an inanimate fixed weight object and see which is correct. I would not be surprised if my regular scale is off.