Wedding Guest Dress

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm attending a cousin's wedding next Saturday, and I'm torn between two of my dresses.

One reaches to the top of my feet. The background color is black, with pink and golden brown flowers and leaves.

The other reaches just past my knees. It has a dark blue background color, pink flowers, and green leaves. I wear a pink cardigan with it.

With either dress, I'll be wearing ballet flats.

I'm leaning towards the longer one. I think it's dressier than the other, and everything I've found says black is fine for weddings.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it a day or evening wedding? What is the venu? I had one cousin marry in a fancy church with a fancy hotel reception. I had another marry in a historic church and have the reception in a barn. I went a little more casual to the barn one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's at 4 in a church. The reception is at an Irish restaurant.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It' best not to wear white or black to a wedding, but your black dress isn't a solid color. Either dress would be fine, but I would go with the shorter dress at that time of day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel as though we need pictures of the dresses. Mostly because I like looking at pictures of dresses.

I think both would probably be fine, though - there were both longer and shorter dresses at my sister's wedding, and no one really stuck out.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I really like the pattern on the second one and the pop of pink in the cardigan. That would be my pick. But they both look totally appropriate for the venue.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go for the longer one. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the second one. Love the pink cardigan!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'll wear the longer dress. It's dressier, and if it's cold, my legs will be covered.

Thank you for your opinions, guys :)
What kind of shoes are you wearing? or boots?