Websites to buy wet food

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I’m back again asking about non-American brands. My cat has been on a wet food diet since he was a little child, and has been getting tired of almost all of the brands (including the New Zealand ones).

Does anyone know if desertcart is a legit and safe website to buy wet canned food? Looking for European sites that take USD and deliver canned food to the US.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just so I understand, you want to order from Europe to be delivered to the U.S.? I would think that will cost a fortune just in shipping! I'm not sure there are any companies out there that will do that. The package would have to go through customs too, wouldn't it? I know I ordered something direct from China about a year ago and it took over two months to get here. Some of that time it was sitting in Customs, I believe.

As far as desertcart, I have never used them, but think they are probably legit. If you want to try them, I would buy something small and give them a whirl. That way if it doesn't work out, you haven't lost too much. Besides, with cats, it's never a good idea to order too much of something new just in case they don't like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just so I understand, you want to order from Europe to be delivered to the U.S.? I would think that will cost a fortune just in shipping! I'm not sure there are any companies out there that will do that. The package would have to go through customs too, wouldn't it? I know I ordered something direct from China about a year ago and it took over two months to get here. Some of that time it was sitting in Customs, I believe.

As far as desertcart, I have never used them, but think they are probably legit. If you want to try them, I would buy something small and give them a whirl. That way if it doesn't work out, you haven't lost too much. Besides, with cats, it's never a good idea to order too much of something new just in case they don't like it.
Yes, I’m asking because my cat only eats wet food and his stomach would have no issue handling them compared to dry or freeze-dried (sadly).

The issue with shipping is customs as you mentioned..especially now they banned/strict about meat related products (shot down my thought about bring those back in a suitcase, but I knew someone who did it once a long long time ago). So I’m curious if anyone has tried it recently😭

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I’m asking because my cat only eats wet food and his stomach would have no issue handling them compared to dry or freeze-dried (sadly).

The issue with shipping is customs as you mentioned..especially now they banned/strict about meat related products (shot down my thought about bring those back in a suitcase, but I knew someone who did it once a long long time ago). So I’m curious if anyone has tried it recently😭
I think you would be financially better off purchasing a prescription food through a Veterinarian.

Nice Loki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What food are you looking to buy that is only available from Europe?