Weather predictions: I'm dense how do you read this?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Does this mean that everyone in the area will get a lot of snow, or 50% of people in the area will get. I'm so dense and never learned. I kind of need to know tonight though. Anyone? I"m crying that I am so dense. And please explain like you're explaining to a 2 year old. Thank you.

1608069938756.png

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
It means that your area has a 50% chance of receiving snow between the hours of 1am and 4am. Not only 50% of the people in that area, but your area as a whole. So, at your house during those hours, there is a 50% chance that you will see snowfall. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok ugh. This cat won't use a shelter that has the straw. I'm trying to figure out what to do as the snow just popped up on our weather forecast and Mom is allergic although she's getting close to caving and bringing her in.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Snow showers does not necessarily mean a measurable amount of snow, i.e. it's snow mixed with rain and may only stick to the grass.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok ugh. This cat won't use a shelter that has the straw. I'm trying to figure out what to do as the snow just popped up on our weather forecast and Mom is allergic although she's getting close to caving and bringing her in.
Encourage your mom to cave and bring in the cat. ;)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either way it will be cold. Please convince your mom to bring in the cat.