Weaning Kitten - Raw Mince Meat?

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I have an abandoned stray who is now 4 weeks an thriving. A bit behind in weight but teeth growing, started playing,just started peeing on her own etc.
I got her when she was about 1 week old, and since done she's been on formula. This week I started offering wet food for kittens. Some day she'll have some, some days absolutely not.
Today we found commercial raw minced beef for cats at the supermarket. I offered her some and she ate it so quick that she seemed like she hadn't eaten in days.

My question: can she have this commercially packaged raw mince meat at all? Is she too young? I am planning to keep the KMR until she is at least 8-9 weeks old, to stay on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, raw beef minced meat for cats only, packaged, sold at the supermarket.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in the US? I'm super curious to know where you've found this food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does it have any vitamins and minerals included with the meat?
Ingredients are: Fresh meats (chicken, beef, or kangaroo), Protein, mineral, Amino acids for muscle and bone development and energy, thiamine.
Are you in the US? I'm super curious to know where you've found this food.
As you might already got from the kangaroo ingredient, I am in Australia.

On paper it looks good and the kitten LOVES IT (she doesnt it any other solid food at the moment), but reviews online are bad. I only gave it to her to try a little bit, do not plan on giving her more since the bad reviews (cats getting sick and vomiting etc) but at this point I am stuck with weaning