We picked up our kitty yesterday from the shelter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

An eight-month-old ginger cat? Uh... yah...... Before you know it, he will be tearing through your house!
That's what I suspect, too.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to hear more! How is he adjusting so far? Does your whole family love him already? I think with you treating his illness you will bond with him quickly.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the kitty! Did you decide on a name yet? Is he neutered already? I kno when you adopt a dog or cat from the Humane Society around here if they are not already spayed/neutered, they will do it before you are able to take them home. Dont worry about the URI, Monster had one when i brought him home(he was from a feral colony). But i took him to the vet the next day & they gave me liquid antibiotics too, i had to give it to him 2x a day with eye drops & gel i had to put on his eye balls with a q-tip bc he had conjunctivitis. It started to clear up in a couple of days. Good luck with your new kitty! Im sure he will make a great pet for your family!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found a kitty! If I had an orange male cat I'd probably name him Ron from Harry potter and then get another kitty and name him Harry :p But that's just me, and I only have one cat so it's just a dream of mine lol.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recall there have been a couple of other red tabby kitties named Hobbes on the site. One was even quite dapper and had a rather nice wardrobe.