We Lost Our Sweet Boy

lpyper33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We lost our sweet 5 year old cat, Bartholomew (dark cat on the right) earlier this year. He had a very aggressive nasal cancer that went undetected since birth. He was a beautiful cat that loved to cuddle and spend time with us. He was very smart and in his eyes you could see a deep soul since birth. His time was cut so short, but we are so blessed that we got to spend the time we had with him. His brother Stanley (on the left) is quite heartbroken, but like us, is learning a new life without him. Always in our hearts, Bart.

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
L lpyper33 ,
I had read your thread, but I was late in replying it, the thread was already closed...
I knew what your beautiful Bartolomew had since the first line I read, because I had the same experience with my cat Lola. She started sneezing more and more often until on a day some blood was coming out. It took some months for the vets to understand what it was. She was successfully treated with radiation therapy but was later hit by two more tumors, so I know perfectly your pain.
I have no words, when life is so short it's always a tragedy.
I hope you and Stanley will find peace in the fact that Bart is not suffering anymore and he will be always next to you, because he knows how much you loved him.
RIP beautiful Bart!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ones left behind need to be comforted and their pain acknowledged. It helps to share their pain with others who understand and can relate to what they are going through. Somehow the sharing eases a little of the pain and lightens the burden on the soul.
Your sweet Bart is whole and healthy again, he sends his thanks and his love for giving him the family he loved so very much. The bond you share with that precious little one will always be with you, it is intangible, so eternal. You were blessed to have shared a little of your life with that boy, he brought much to your family and having known him brought happiness and love into your heart. That is the way he would wish for you to always be, he would never want you to go on with life sad and full of grief because of him. His time came and he had to leave, but the 'essence' of that sweet boy will be forever held in your heart,his new path will parallel yours until once again it meets in the distant future.
Take care of yourself and kiss Stanley for me, for he is grieving too. Please know I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers........RIP sweet Bartholomew, you left your mark in this world and on the hearts of those who miss you so very much. You will never be forgotten, as long as there are memories of your sweet face you will forever reside in loving hearts. Sleep tight, sweet Prince!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss, we all know that horrible pain that it brings. We have a cat Stanley but he looks like your Bart, that is something....

He had a good albeit short life, but like someone once told me "it's better to have a good short life than a bad long one", but it still is very painful for you I know.

May your heart heal a bit each day, God Bless.......:alright:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences to Stanley and you on losing your sweet Bartholomew. Please keep us updated on your journey through your time of grief - our shared stories bring much comfort to those who are either merely lurking or are so distraught, they cannot bear to post about their own losses.:grouphug2: