We lost our baby, Simon, Monday.

kmd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Simon.. I came here again because we lost Georgie on Monday also...
It is so hard to give them up...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alowisney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

So sorry about Simon.. I came here again because we lost Georgie on Monday also...
It is so hard to give them up...
I'm so sorry for your loss.  They are family, or even closer than family and it hits you so hard when this being that you are responsible for passes.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. With time our kitties become like our children and their loss is something that certainly cannot be put into words.

Loss of a dear pet is something that cannot be overcome in a short period of time. I lost my dear dog Eenie so many years ago I decided to loose count. He will forever be in my heart and I'm not over his loss nor do I think I will ever be, but over the years it became bearable to know he is gone and is waiting somewhere for me to join him in the afterlife. Just the thought of him or speaking about him gets me teary-eyed or crying. 

Know that it is ok to cry and mourn and do what is right for you right now, you just lost your friend and I can relate with people not really understanding "what the big deal is if you only lost an animal". That's the thing... they don't understand because they've never had what we had: a great friend with whom we shared so much happiness and so many days of company for each other.

Keep the great memories of you guys together and  please know we are all here to support you and will gladly lend our ears (eyes on screen) to you.

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful boys. All of us on this site know your pain, and we understand that other folks don't get that our cats are more than "pets" to us. In time, you'll remember the fun all of you had together and the pain will lessen. I'm sending my best wishes for only happy memories.

Best regards.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The cat in the second pic has beautiful colours. Like a blueberry muffin hehe

puck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@alowisney

Simon was a handsome beast of a red tabby boy!  He is very content and happy in your pictures. Even if you had taken him to a vet once weekly as a preventative screening, to catch all the things we may miss to the naked eye, he could contract something deadly or experience a deadly infection or septicemia, unknown until they are flat, recumbent, and near death. Once like this, we can take extreme measures to reverse their low blood pressure, heart rate, and support their respiration, but often their brain is already permanently affected. In other words, alowisney, we are not in control, no matter how hard we try.

Both Simon and Augie were blessed to be in your family. Your worry and guilt is part of the healing process, but know that he was well cared for, with one of the best homes and provision and love he could have ever happened upon. And for all you gave Simon, he gave you that spirit you wrote of, the joy of living, with ease of giving and sharing that is a rarity for many cats, especially when they've had to "survive on their own" on the mean and lean streets. In his 3 years with your family, he was able to show the family of cats a calm, laid back, less stress way of living, and show you such unconditional gratitude and love for his place in your lives, in your home.

When I meet owners like you two, I don't wonder what more you could have done, what you didn't do, where did you fail. I think, man, what a lucky cat, one of the ones you don't have to wonder about, you just know, how loved and cared for they were. I know we often don't have control, have no say, in what happens to our pets, no matter how vigilant, careful, aware, loving, or OCD we may be.

Last edited:

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your two beautiful boys, my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time.

RIP Simon and Augie