We lost Bird

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our 16 year old calico, Tweety "Bird", had to be put down Monday. We don't know what happened, as all her blood work and her x-ray came back fine- it was like something went wrong in her brain. She couldn't keep her body temp regulated, nor her hydration, despite fluids.
Bird was my one cat who knew when I was sad, was convinced I needed help as a new mom with our daughter (she would holler at me when the baby cried in the crib, and lead me down the hall to her room, lol), and who slept between our pillows at night and purred...
I am missing her so much.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for you loss of your beloved Tweety Bird. She is in good company,
if that's any consolation. She is free and happy, no, it's the ones left behind who are left to hurt and grieve.

xo

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Tweety Bird. She was a beautiful cat, and obviously well-tuned to you and your family.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sad for you. I just know you'll miss her so much. She's left you with such wonderful memories - I love the pic you posted.
Be well.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Bird. There was quite a group waiting for her at the RB. A precious girl who lived a good life, you can tell from the cute pic posted.

Hugs to you and God bless your little
cat, Bird.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the support, everyone
. This has not been easy. Two cats in one year, first her "foster" baby Meggie, and now Bird...*sigh*

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless her little heart, she looks like a sweet angel under the tree there as well

Have fun at the bridge Bird, but keep looking down on the people that loved you so much

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry that you, too, have lost a special kitty who was so close to you. TW was so beautiful, as was Meggie. I don't know why Heaven needed them so soon, but they will be there over RB for us, when we cross over. each day that goes by, feels like time is a great river separating me from those happy days with my little Joey. And I commiserate with what you are going through - they left us in the dead of winter, when even the skies cry

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tweety Bird. I just lost my beloved Maverick 2 days ago, so I know how you're feeling.

RIP Tweety.

troant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ah thats so awful, i am so sorry for your loss of Bird, its so heartbreaking reading these posts let alone going through the pain.you are in my thoughts.
tash

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace beloved Bird.