We found this beautiful stray and was wondering if she may be pregnant

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her nipples look perfectly normal to me. My cats sometimes throw up in the morning, but it's nothing serious. It's just the way cats are. Gestation period for cats is about 65 days. You should be able to see the kittens, if any, in about 45 to 50 days. A vet could tell for sure if she's pregnant. Only time will tell.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her nipples look perfectly normal to me. My cats sometimes throw up in the morning, but it's nothing serious. It's just the way cats are. Gestation period for cats is about 65 days. You should be able to see the kittens, if any, in about 45 to 50 days. A vet could tell for sure if she's pregnant. Only time will tell.

Thank you... we are making her a vet appt for a checkup and a spay if not pregnant

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chances are if she was outside she is pregnant. Cats can get pregnant as young as 5 months old. You could carefully part her hair on her abdomen and look for a 'tattoo' in blue or green, many vets use them when they spay to tell the next person it has been done. It is just a line about a half-inch long. Bless you for helping this sweet girl!

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Chances are if she was outside she is pregnant. Cats can get pregnant as young as 5 months old. You could carefully part her hair on her abdomen and look for a 'tattoo' in blue or green, many vets use them when they spay to tell the next person it has been done. It is just a line about a half-inch long. Bless you for helping this sweet girl!

Thank you, I'll give that tummy the search over

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her nipples look a little pink which happens around 17-21 days but also often before they come into heat, if she is pregnant and not too far along she can still be spayed now.

morning sickness is not a common cat pregnancy symptom .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her nipples look a little pink which happens around 17-21 days but also often before they come into heat, if she is pregnant and not too far along she can still be spayed now.

Agree. It you arent eager to have kittens, its OK to spay her, even if you think she is preg. This early its no medical problem, and barely an ethical problem. Later on, a spaying wore more worrisome by both causes.

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone, we are unsure of her age as we found he her outside... I got a few more pics of her... not sure if she is pregnant, as we haven't had her even 2 weeks yet. Does her sides look wide but so skinny on the end. She eats constantly and pretty much sleeps. We will be bringing her in asap for a checkup.

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really sure myself. If pregnant, as she gets to full term, those bulging sides will sort of vanish and her belly will hang down more, which is called "dropping." That indicates the kittens are lined up, ready to be born. This occurs pretty late in the pregnancy. You will most likely see the kittens moving later in the pregnancy and it will pretty much stop when she drops.

Do give her some KMR for the calcium if she turns out to be expectant. She'll be using up hers making kitty bones and she'll need it both for her own use as well as to help with contractions during the birthing process.

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not really sure myself. If pregnant, as she gets to full term, those bulging sides will sort of vanish and her belly will hang down more, which is called "dropping." That indicates the kittens are lined up, ready to be born. This occurs pretty late in the pregnancy. You will most likely see the kittens moving later in the pregnancy and it will pretty much stop when she drops.

Do give her some KMR for the calcium if she turns out to be expectant. She'll be using up hers making kitty bones and she'll need it both for her own use as well as to help with contractions during the birthing process.

Thank you so much

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you for the response

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Agree. It you arent eager to have kittens, its OK to spay her, even if you think she is preg. This early its no medical problem, and barely an ethical problem. Later on, a spaying wore more worrisome by both causes.

Thanks for the reply :)

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She definitely looks pregnant to me, and quite far along. The vet can do an x-ray and give you an approximate gestational age of the kittens.

Thank you for the reply... I think we will try to get her in for a checkup

Carebearnovember05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, just curious if anyone sees q change from previous pics

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I still think a vet check would be best. Nipples can pink up without a cat being pregnant, so just by looking at nipples is hard to say.