We Did It!!!!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted several months ago about my mom's colony. We got the last two female cats (Tiny and Felicia) in today to be fixed. I'm picking them up in about an hour. Friday, we are taking the last male cat (Airgun) to be neutered! The entire colony stops here! :clapcat::clapcat::clapcat::clapcat:

The whole family tree. for those who are curious:

Mama kitty + kittens
- Handsome
- Streak
- Melon (RIP)
- Tiny +kittens
- Airgun
- Felicia
- Ace (RIP)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say I'm happy with the way the vet did their ears. They aren't very clean cuts, they look ragged. :/

Good news is! They are both eating and drinking. Tiny has hissed and swiped at me- she's back to her usual. Felicia has rubbed all over me and made biscuits on my knee.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say I'm happy with the way the vet did their ears. They aren't very clean cuts, they look ragged. :/

Good news is! They are both eating and drinking. Tiny has hissed and swiped at me- she's back to her usual. Felicia has rubbed all over me and made biscuits on my knee.
The old Vet I used to go to that TNR's my ferals did the same as you described with their ears. I referred to it as 'butchered'. So I know exactly what you mean. *hugs*

Eating and drinking and .... YAY! This is the outcome you want.

XOXOXOXO

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
The old Vet I used to go to that TNR's my ferals did the same as you described with their ears. I referred to it as 'butchered'. So I know exactly what you mean. *hugs*

Eating and drinking and .... YAY! This is the outcome you want.

XOXOXOXO
"Shoddy" was the first word that came to mind. Ot looks like they were torn in a fight, not cut with a scalpel...sigh. Oh well, they're done! We are putting them outside tomorrow.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It does my heart good to know that folks like you care about feral cats... this recent rescue of mine is obviously NOT feral, she's much too loving & affectionate, so I reckon she was dumped on the golf course by some heartless individual. Feral cats have a hard time here in southeastern Arizona, due to the varmint situation, but I'm gonna do my best to offer a safe home for this young kitteh. She sure is a funny cat, every time I take a shower she pokes her head around the edge of the shower curtain, LOL. Can't live without me, I guess... she also drags kitty litter into my bed at 0300, but I'm okay with it, this is what cat lovers put up with when they're TRUE CAT LOVERS. :petcat:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My ferals' eartipping ranges from a little too much to not enough, but what can you say after the fact?

I once lived right next to a golf course.....major dumping ground, sadly.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow - congrats! No small feat (at least no small kitten "feet" anymore! :) ).

Think about how many kittens you saved from being left to a likely very short, very rough life!!!! A new "kitten calculator" I found online (it gives probably a closer "real" number then the figures we usually see as it takes into account feral mortality, etc.) calculates that 2 unfixed cats can result in 442 new kitties that make it past weaning - - and in 10 years, 49,201 kittens will survive past weaning.

Again - congrats on a job well done - and TOTALLY done! (Isn't that a good feeling?!?!)

And fionasmom fionasmom - I think the only place that gets even more dumps then a golf course (or the back door of a cat shelter - taped in a box) are ski resorts. For some reason - at least the ones in northern Michigan are just flooded with people who go up for the season (or at least a long break) and adopt a cat or kitten (or find one and take it in)...only to leave it when they're done with vacation. I had to stop skiing - it was breaking my heart.

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
And I'd LOVE to hear the origin of the name "Airgun"! That's a riot - - and a name I've never seen in 30 years of working with/fostering for cat shelters!!!!!
When he was a tiny, tiny kitten, he was the feistiest of the three. Ace and Felicia would at least tolerate pats and being held for a few seconds. But Airgun would hiss, spit, and do a noise that sounded EXACTLY like an air gun/ pellet gun being discharged. Since he has gotten older, and been more acclimated to humans, he hasn't made the pellet gun noise (or really even hissed, for that matter), but the name has stuck with him.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have never been to or lived in a snowy climate, but it certainly makes sense. The Angeles National Forest is a huge dumping ground and there are a couple of rescue groups who only rescue there, and at So Cal beaches. :mad:

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update: everyone is doing just swell. Everyone is back outside and have been hanging around the back deck/showing up for breakfast and donner. All three have been allowing pats too! I guess I've been forgiven. :petcat: