We bought an aquarium!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
     Yesterday we bought a used 35 gallon aquarium with everything included for a really great price! We've been wanting one for awhile and we couldn't pass up the deal. It came with a silver dollar tetra & an angelfish, both beautiful. We went out and bought 4 corydoras and a plecco.

The kitties LOVE it but it's hard keeping them off of the top of the tank.
Elliott is especially bad, and is a total hunter. I'm pretty familiar with fish tanks and care as my ex husband had a couple of them. We're going to pick up a few more silver dollar tetras as I've read they do best in groups of 4 or more.
We also want to get a few more other fish to add in but we want to make sure they will be compatible as the angelfish can be especially "feisty".

siberian kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Corydoras and gouramis are good choices but don't go for too small a fish otherwise they may be eaten by your angelfish.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures!!

I broke down my 25 gal tank a few months back. I miss it, but I now have better use for the corner it was in. Cassie and Monet used to sit and watch, but eventually got bored of it. I am sure your kitties will get bored of it after a while too

Here's a few pics of Cassie with the tank when she first discovered it:

I think the fish was forever traumatized by the last picture... LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL those pics are SO cute! I'll take some pics tonight.
Teyah was being SO cute last night, doing the "gopher" stance watching them.

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gouramis tend to be nippy to fish with long fins I don't think that would be good for the Angelfish.
The pleccos get Huge of yours lives long it will outgrow your tank! Do you feed frozen foods to your fish, things like frozen bloodworms, glassworms, brine shrimp, oxheart, and daphnia are great, and for the plecco sinking algae wafers.

By the way here is a full grown plecco.