We Are Waiting For His Return

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday it was 11 weeks since our Sunny Boy went M.I.A. Cheri and I spend time (playing, petting, and treats) every evening, with our three female Farels. We also are spending more time talking about the good times we had when Sunny was still here at home.We still have hope that he'll come back home!

Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
19 weeks and still waiting for Sunny Boys return. ... I've been very busy getting our house and yard, the "cat house", my pole barn/shop, and a new sump pump drain buried from our house to the new storm sewer system the county installed this summer. I hand dug a 42" deep trench 113 feet in clay dirt. That was a workout for this 73 year old man! ... I also thought I might have been posting too much about one topic and was being boring.

Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never boring. We all wait with you. I’ve had them vanish for much longer periods.

Digging in clay?!?!? Unh! And how much Bengay did you need later? :alright: I think that’s awesome that you accomplished that huge feat! They say we are as young as we feel! Sounds like you are an exceptionally young 73. Seriously, 113 feet? Are we talking red clay? That stuff is like digging bricks. I know it only too well.:thud:Hats off to you and I’m hoping you don’t have to do that again!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom, we have NOT given up on our Sunny Boy. We talk to him like he's sitting with all of us, daily! ...Jcatbird, the clay here was gray. (slimmy when wet and like cement when dry). We live just a few miles from the Bay here in Bay County. ... When I started the dig, I weighed 179lbs. and when finished I weighed 169lbs. I take many breaks when doing manual labor (it took me a little over two weeks to do that job!), I just work hard enough to increase my heart rate a little bit. ... I also spread and leveled dirt around the "cat house (the old shed)" I laid 103, 16"x16"x2" thick cement pavers around the outside and a 10ft.x10ft.section inside the shed.I also made a 16" x 10ft. litter box behind the shed. When I clean the box, it gives me a chance to examine their droppings for any health issues. ... Everyone, thanks for caring and have a great day!

Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It only took two weeks? I hate to think how long it would have taken me. We have some of that gray clay too. If you bog down in it, you’re stuck!! The red clay is like that too. I once lived in Kaolin country, white clay, and it was like glue. The gray and white are great for the potters wheel though. Red makes good bricks but I always hated trying to drive through it. I am not surprised you lost weight! Whew!
I love the idea of a giant, outdoor litter box. That really is a good way to monitor the kitties. When I was a child we had a sand box for a short time. The cats quickly claimed it. Lol
I hope you have completed that strenuous work! I bet it looks really nice now though.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It only took two weeks? I hate to think how long it would have taken me. We have some of that gray clay too. If you bog down in it, you’re stuck!! The red clay is like that too. I once lived in Kaolin country, white clay, and it was like glue. The gray and white are great for the potters wheel though. Red makes good bricks but I always hated trying to drive through it. I am not surprised you lost weight! Whew!
I love the idea of a giant, outdoor litter box. That really is a good way to monitor the kitties. When I was a child we had a sand box for a short time. The cats quickly claimed it. Lol
I hope you have completed that strenuous work! I bet it looks really nice now though.
Jcatbird,,, the grass has all but filled in and made the trench work almost invisible. .. About the litter box; I built it under the rear eave overhang so it gets a little protection from the elements. ... The "completed that strenuous work" is not gone (one chore closes,,, another chore opens,,, ha, ha!). A new roof over the "cat house" will be installed soon, along with a new ceiling, insulation and paneling inside, a light and plug. ...A dumpster is coming tomorrow so I can clean up the yard before the snow flies. ... Lots to keep me busy!

Doug

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird,,, the grass has all but filled in and made the trench work almost invisible. .. About the litter box; I built it under the rear eave overhang so it gets a little protection from the elements. ... The "completed that strenuous work" is not gone (one chore closes,,, another chore opens,,, ha, ha!). A new roof over the "cat house" will be installed soon, along with a new ceiling, insulation and paneling inside, a light and plug. ...A dumpster is coming tomorrow so I can clean up the yard before the snow flies. ... Lots to keep me busy!

Doug
You sound just like my dad, I don't think he'd know what to do with himself if he didn't have some project or other to keep him busy.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
22 weeks and still waiting for Sunny Boys return from M.I.A.! ... A new male cat "visitor" has been coming around (off and on) for a couple of weeks now. Cheri and I think he is somebody's family cat. He seems more interested in watching what our ferals are doing than eating the dry food in the "cat diner". He's not very skiddish but keeps a little distance from me. Our ferals watch him from afar and we have not seen any anger between any of them.

Doug

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our Sunny Boy went M.I.A. on June 21, 2019. We're still waiting for his return. ...Lately, we're had a grown male cat hanging around our back yard and eating from the kitty cat diner. Things had been going well until yesterday! The male went after Raven. He rolled her and chased her up a tree. I ran him off and was able to call Raven down and check her out (she was not injured). If our Sunny Boy were to walk into our yard, we're afraid the new guy would fight with him! So,,,,,,,,,Cheri and I trapped him yesterday and sent him off to TNR him. He has been living at our house almost daily as of late, and we are hoping he gets rid of hes hormones (any ideas as to how long it takes?) after we bring him home from being TNR'd.

Doug