We Are Waiting For His Return

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This past Friday I went out to feed the ferals at 7:00 A.M. and our Sunny Shine Boy was M.I.A.! He's been gone for three days now. Cheri and I are often calling for him while optimistically waiting for his return. I here-tell some cats have returned even after two weeks! We are staying positive!

Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I have had them go missing for much longer than two weeks. I had a Mom leave her babies and I was really worried since she was a dedicated Mom. She had been spooked off. I kept looking and calling far past the time I thought it was reasonable to hope for her return. She had probably been nearby all along but in hiding. Maybe even eating elsewhere. Cats are experts at hiding and have great skills. The Mom cat returned and reunited with her children. It took time so , don’t give up! We’ll all be hoping for a rapid return. Please keep us posted.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't give up hope. I once had one leave after TNR release. He was gone for 8 months. He returned and acted as though he had never left. I had another that was gone for 3 weeks and then left again for 5 weeks. If only we could get inside their minds to know what happened.

Keep us posted. I hope that Sunny Shine Boy gets his booty home soon.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
He will come back. He will! Stay positive.:vibes:

Funny how we, as cat lovers, even with the colony or ferals we feed outside, we still get emotionally attached to each of them. When one or two goes MIA, we panic, get sad and worried, and never stop hoping.

I just love the people here at TCS. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance another cat has come around? That could be the issue. An un neutered male might be holding Sun Shine Boy at bay. Keep an eye out. I stil feel he will return. Six days seems like a lot but cats are great at finding a way to dodge things. It really hasn’t been a long time. Hoping you’ll spot him and find relief. Poor Raven. Heal kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our little Raven decided to sleep all day and this evening she was walking on all four. We can see that her leg/paw is still tender but she's not holding it up like before! ... Cheri has posted pictures of Sunny at four focal sights and a Michigan state sight.
... Give up hope??? NEVER!
No new male cats around here since we got Raven TNR'd months ago.
Doug

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No new cats? Maybe a very sly cat. Kitties do seek out others for company. It might avoid you though. I’m still thinking that continued calling and searching will bring results. I have often thought a cat was gone, really gone, and had them return. My Kelly was gone for a year. She was feral and I pulled her out from under a toolshed that had rising water under it. Her Mom and siblings stayed but she ran off. I was concerned that she had gotten pneumonia or something. Almost exactly a year later I spotted a cat going under the same shed. A pregnant cat! It was Kelly and she had three beautiful babies. I managed to get them all for Neuter and Spay and they actually socialized and got adopted. ( so did her Mom and siblings. They were an exceptional group! Lol)Cats are amazing! We just can’t ever predict all that they can or will do.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our "Sun Shine Boy" is still M.I.A. on day number 8! ... Today was the first day (since Sunny went M.I.A.) that the 3 Girls have played with their toys AND each other. I enjoyed sitting on the back porch and watching them having fun! ...I've not had any carcass' greet me at the back door while serving breakfast for the Girls. I think maybe little Sunny was the hunter of the group!

Doug

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I was like that with Shadow at the beginning. She'd take off and not come back for days. Even now that Treasure has claimed the property as hers and runs Shadow off Shadow goes a week or more without being seen. I finally decided to set my cam back up and noted that she "sneaks" back to the area when Shaman and Treasure are off playing, hiding from tornadoes and storms or sleeping. So she is somewhere watching and sneaking back to eat I just didn't see her til I set the cams back up.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got a county contracting firm widening our road, adding curbing, and adding a sidewalk. We're quite sure the heavy equipment running five days a week (nothing operating this weekend) makes our ferals nervous! We only have six more weeks of that racket!!! Maybe "Sunny" will be back when it quiets done!

Doug

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a county contracting firm widening our road, adding curbing, and adding a sidewalk. We're quite sure the heavy equipment running five days a week (nothing operating this weekend) makes our ferals nervous! We only have six more weeks of that racket!!! Maybe "Sunny" will be back when it quiets done!

Doug
That could very well be what made him disappear, some Cats do very badly with loud noises and if it's a continual thing they will run away.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On this 4th of July, I remember back three weeks ago to the last time I looked into Sunny's eyes and was able to pet him. Tomorrow will be the start of the third week of him being M.I.A., when he didn't show up for his breakfast. Tomorrow, I'll call for Sunny to come home for his breakfast, as I do every morning! ... Still waiting for his return!
Doug

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow went missing for 12 days and last night I saw her dart into the bushes and Mom has said she saw here making her way to an abandoned burned out building which if she's hunting (or learned to hunt I should say) she's doing the neighborhood a great service. Like mentioned to me in my thread about Shadow she's probably watching without us seeing her.

Are you leaving food out at night? If so she could be sneaking in at night time to eat. I forced Shaman to come during daylight hours because I brought in all food before locking up for the night. Besides I can't afford to be feeding the resident racoons possums and groundhogs, as cute as I think each one is