Way too horny male

onyabear7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My only male cat is fixed. I have 2 famales in the house who are also fixed.
However, for some reason my male cat is extremely horny. At night he humps my cat (a female tabby). Some nights she lets him, some nights she doesn't. If she doesn't they get in a huge fight and he chases her. My mom said they he use to use hump her when they were younger, but I never caught them. But since the male cat has lost weight I think hes started to hump her more. So last night I tried to prevent it from happening, and I swear I threw him off the bed about 6 times. and then I basically slept over my cat so he couldn't do anything. Hes really horny..BUT FIXED! and I don't understand, how do I stop this behavior? I don't want to make him fat again.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not a sex thing if they all are spayed/neutered. Its a dominance thing and natural, even if it looks sexual to us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onyabear7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How do I get it to stop? Its so annoy. hes the only male, theres no reason to do that.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe just clap your hands and tell them to stop. Nothing you really can do - if its at night in the bed, then keep them out of the room.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My neutered male cat Bobert does this to my spayed female cat Pepsi roughly every other day. Actually, that's just based upon my observations and my wife's observations (obviously Bobert is a bit of an exhibitionist...
). In reality he probably does it several times a day. While in the act Pepsi's eyes are always looking up to the heavens, as if to say "will you hurry UP already?" Then she howls and throws him off of her.

At the risk of coming across as a voyeur, it's pretty amusing to watch.

Seriously, though, if that's the biggest complaint that you have with your cat, you're in great shape.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male cat will still do the mating behavior even if he is fixed. Our male cat Sage does that to the girls & hes been fixed for years. Yes its annoying but its nature

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 male cats 2 female cats 3 male dogs and 1 female dog..everyone is fixed except for hemi*he will be in 2 weeks hes 3 months old* and the only horny behaviour I see is from my dogs my cats to my knowledge have never tried to hump any of the other animals or anything else lol

4catmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a neutered cat, male about 8yrs old, relatively new to our home of three other cats, 2 neut. male and one spayed female. He has recently been caught humping on a particular pillow on our bed. I have never seen the others do this. We have had our original 2 males from 5 weeks old and the female about 6 mos.

Thought it was kinda weird?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellington does it too, but Biscotte (his best mate most of the time) is the only female who will allow it. The others push him off pretty quick. He also tried it with me - attacking my legs or stomach when I am lying in bed. I found eventually I could redirect him using a stuffed rabbit - just put the rabbit under him whenever I caught him at it. Now he uses the rabbit almost exclusively! I don't think it is just dominance - I would say he does get pleasure fom it, and who are we to deny them that?