Water fountian

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of getting a water fountain.
Sandy has never had one.
Drinks out of a bowl.
Do you think she would drink out of a fountain????
She;s old and kind of set in her ways.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She might, you could also try a tall water glass filled to the top too. You'll need to add the cleaning of the fountain, including taking the motor housing apart (not hard to do) to your schedule. It's not bad, my cat loved his fountain:)

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has your kitty ever shown interest in drinking at the sink with the water running. That could be an indication that she finds the look and sound of running water appealing. Two of our kitty’s like to drink from a held Dixie cup while the tap is slowly flowing. Every night before bed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is not allowed up on tables and counters.
She is good about that.
She sometimes will drink a little ice water out of my cup.
But not very much.
I've been looking for a low, ceramic bowl one.
Two filters.
Plug into the 110v wall socket.
Suggestions????

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Drinkwell pagoda style fountain a few years ago and my cats adapted to it without trouble. They also drink from a metal bowl and try their luck with the taps. It takes me about fifteen minutes per week to clean the fountain.

ETA Maddie was about ten and also set in her ways (she would never eat anything but Fancy Feast dry seafood) but had adapted to moving house, with all that entailed.

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is not allowed up on tables and counters.
She is good about that.
She sometimes will drink a little ice water out of my cup.
But not very much.
I've been looking for a low, ceramic bowl one.
Two filters.
Plug into the 110v wall socket.
Suggestions????
We have a Leewakia Ceramic Cat Water Fountain 71oz that we got on Amazon. It is the smallest ceramic fountain we could find. The bowl is 3 inches high and it is 4 inches or so in total height. Two cats will drink from the bubbling top but the third will only drink from the bowl. The downside to this fountain is that the distance from the edge of the bowl to the inside tower. This distance is too tight for the bowl drinker so he was rarely drinking from this fountain. Luckily we have two water sources. Not to leave well enough alone in rigged up a solution. I used a 1.5 inch high ceramic pie pan and now everyone is happy. I have to top it off every day due to evaporation and it is a bit of a pain to empty and clean.

Attachments