Water fountain

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a cat fountain in ceramic or stainless steel that they recommend? I currently have a plastic drink well and would like to switch to a ceramic or stainless that is easier to clean and is less noisy. There are so.many options that i.would like recommendations from people that are currently using one. Thanks!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You will get a lot of answers to this I think. I have had fountains for years, all Drinkwell, BPA free plastic; however, BPA free is a marketing loophole which means nothing as BPS is just as bad for you.

I do not recommend the Drinkwell 360 stainless steel. The clips which hold the fountain in place were very hard to secure and they ultimately all broke. It is now a wildlife water bowl in the back yard.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I do not recommend the drinkwell stainless teardrop fountain. Stainless or not, hard water was impossible to get off, even by putting it in the dishwasher.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use ceramic elevated bows from chewy. They are big and much easier to clean than fountains
20190813_153936.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I ended up going with this one. It looks identical to the ceramic cepheus but has a different name. Little spendy but if it works and lasts awhile I guess it's worth it! Thanks for the suggestions!
I like that one. I got the fountain above and she does not use it unless I fill water to the top like she has 5o see it or hear it. Once I fill it it makes a mess

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I do not recommend the drinkwell stainless teardrop fountain. Stainless or not, hard water was impossible to get off, even by putting it in the dishwasher.
We have this problem with both the stainless and ceramic versions. :( They don't look great, but our cats regularly use both the teardrop stainless steel fountain and the ceramic one.