Was suspended today

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went into work today and found out I was suspended for something out of my control. Our customers get surveys where they grade us on the call. Problem is that if we follow company policy by denying credits or phone number change fees, the customer gets upset and gives us a low score. So basically, we are punished for following policy because a few whiny people don't get their way.

Last month sucked for me. Basically the whole time I was there sucked, but last month more so. On April 1st, I got a verbalfor my stats, a written on the 10th, and a final on the 27th. Now 7 days into the new month, they drop the suspension on me.

I will know in a day or 2 if I am fired. I can't afford this as we are just barely squeaking by as it is. Be praying that I find something soon.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Catkiki, horrible.  Hope you find another job soon, these companies do not care about their employees, I know, I am living it. Keep looking elsewhere, you will find something soon!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this and am keeping :cross: that you find a job somewhere that treats its employees better.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm thinkng of you and will be sending positive vibes your way. It may not look like it now, but maybe this could end up being a good thing: you will quickly find a different job with a better company, where you are appreciated for your hard work and will be much, much happier. I really hope so, because hating your job just plain sucks and affects everything else in your life. I've been there and really feel for you. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hugs*

That's horrible!  I hope they don't fire you, but in the meantime while you are waiting, make sure you start applying for jobs. Even if they don't fire you, you need to get out of there!  As someone said, it sounds like they set people up to fail.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinkng of you and will be sending positive vibes your way. It may not look like it now, but maybe this could end up being a good thing: you will quickly find a different job with a better company, where you are appreciated for your hard work and will be much, much happier. I really hope so, because hating your job just plain sucks and affects everything else in your life. I've been there and really feel for you.
I've been there too.  I really hope you find something else soon. 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that. :( They don't review the calls for really bad surveys?

I worked in an email queue in the past, so it was easier for a supervisor to go in and look at what we did right/wrong and where the customer was wrong... but a lot of call centre feedback is so bogus.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think call center work is hard, I know it isn't something that I could do.  The company that I work for has a call center and when I was still going into the office I got tired of some people, mostly a group of really young people with a sense of entitlement putting down the call center people.  They would nitpick at things they did with accts and they never have worked in a call center.  They had really lucked out, most knew someone working for the company in management and started out where I am.  That goes on in all companies and it usually just creates issues.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure you'll find something soon! I'd start looking now, instead of waiting for the verdict. Even if you have to go into retail while you look.

That job isn't right for you, you sound miserable there to begin with. Take it as an opportunity to try something new!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, every job I lost (most to company closings), I panicked and got depressed. But then I would find a new job and I liked it MUCH better, I'm sure this will happen for you. Get unemployment, that will help while you are looking. I finally went into nursing (paid for by scholarships, there are a LOT of them out there) and haven't looked back, there is ALWAYS a demand for nurses! Now I'm a school nurse and couldn't be happier, who wouldn't like all those holidays and summer off! I'll pray that you find something that you love AND pays well! Good luck and keep us posted!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find something else, something that you will absolutely love. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like an awful situation in an awful job.  Huge vibes you find a better job really soon.  

I left my job at new year, desperate after a really bad time.  I was broke and had no job lined up, but managed to get something and my new place is so much better to work for.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you luck in finding a much better job. I was fired from a job because the boss had promised the girl I took over from, who had a baby' that she'd get her job back whenever she wanted. She was fired a few months later! My mum was pleased. She said there were no prospects there. I got another job quite quickly.
Places like where you work and others that have people on the other end of the phone are taped so the bosses know what's going on. Shame it's not done in America

:vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you luck in finding a much better job. I was fired from a job because the boss had promised the girl I took over from, who had a baby' that she'd get her job back whenever she wanted. She was fired a few months later! My mum was pleased. She said there were no prospects there. I got another job quite quickly.
Places like where you work and others that have people on the other end of the phone are taped so the bosses know what's going on. Shame it's not done in America

:vibes:
All our calls are taped. They don't care and unless the customer states that you did a good job but the service sucked, we can't dispute it. Right before I was walked out, I was listening to a call where I did everything exactly right, totally by company policy, but it counted against me. They have a huge turnover there too.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All our calls are taped. They don't care and unless the customer states that you did a good job but the service sucked, we can't dispute it. Right before I was walked out, I was listening to a call where I did everything exactly right, totally by company policy, but it counted against me. They have a huge turnover there too.
I know it's hard financially but you may be better off working somewhere else and not in that line of work

:hugs:.

biancaboo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Preying for you, in the long run the best will work out for  you, God has a plan! I work in a customer service industry too. It's not easy at all. I can't believe that they punished you over that, they need to also take into consideration your work ethic, your customer service observed by your manger or boss, your attendance etc. It sounds like they made up a excuse to cut workers. I wish it could take a survey for you!  Just know you have so many people that care and we are all here to support you! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that. It does suck when things like that happen, but Biancaboo is right, God has a plan! It's hard to deal w/ when these things happen, but they are always a set up for something better for you.

It's hard to trust, but if we do, & have patients, God has & wants better for us, always.  Believe me, I have been there many times, only for things to work out, & be reminded of that again. 

I will give you some of my examples, in hopes to help you feel more positive for what is to come for you. 

Last February I was just a month short of 2 yrs. with a company as an office manager when I got laid off/ let go.

In just a little over a year, I was not only able to manifest & start my own cleaning business, but as of April, one year from having my first client, I am totally booked! 

It is not something I ever thought I'd do, (W/ a massage therapist & aesthetics background),  but I did do a lot of it at home & have always been a little bit of a neat freak, so it just fit!  

One referral led to another, & here I am, all booked up!

It can be tough work, I work my butt off, but I work for myself, & I only work about 1/2 a day!

Then, in February this year, someone backed into my car!  It was stressful, but it was a blessing in disguise!  My car was a 1995, & every time I turned around needed something done.

I needed a newer car, but couldn't afford one, & couldn't save enough for one. When my car was hit, it was just outside my driveway, I was pretty much at a stop, so I was not hurt. Someone 

wasn't looking, backing up, & BAM! hit my front end. There was enough damage (hood & under) & because of the age of the car, it was considered  "totaled."

Blessing: My car was in great shape inside, paint, etc.. for a '95, so I got the top amount for a settlement.  WAY More that I ever thought I'd get for the age of it, even as a trade in.

This gave me enough money for a down payment on a newer car!

One more!  Because I overpaid a little while on unemployment, not wanting to owe, I got a good return this yr. & was able to purchase some needed new furniture! 

Sorry this turned long, but just wanted to share blessings this year, to help encourage you!  

I will be praying that God guide you where he wants you next.  maybe because he knew that this job was too stressful for you, especially now, when you are focused on healing, that he is giving you a break

on unemployment for now, with something much better in store!