Wants attention when I'm on phone

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nubi my 2 year old male, started a new thing. When I'm in the phone, he started being playful around me. First time he got on my desk and started batting things off my desk. Had to stop my meeting and remove him out of the room. Today on phone and he started playing around my ankles and nipping my ankles. Put him out again. Any ideas on what going on? The terrible 2's?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a learned thing. When you are on the phone, you stay there for a while and have your hands free, at least sometimes, so its a good time for attention. Same with when Im at the computer desk. Never mind that at least half the time you may not want to be bothered when you are on the phone -- it doesn't take that high of a percentage to reinforce the behavior!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How dare you concentrate on your conversation rather than on him! :lol::lol::lol: He's a firm believer in multitasking and showing you what you can do with that free hand.

I don't think it's an age thing. Mowgli is 8 and notorious for interrupting my phone calls, so much so that when they call, some people bet on how long it's going to take him to get insistent. He doesn't do it to my husband, but constantly monitors my use of the landline or cell phone. The longer I talk, the louder he gets. The only way I've found to stop it is to be behind a closed door, which he then scratches.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How dare you concentrate on your conversation rather than on him! :lol::lol::lol: He's a firm believer in multitasking and showing you what you can do with that free hand.

I don't think it's an age thing. Mowgli is 8 and notorious for interrupting my phone calls, so much so that when they call, some people bet on how long it's going to take him to get insistent. He doesn't do it to my husband, but constantly monitors my use of the landline or cell phone. The longer I talk, the louder he gets. The only way I've found to stop it is to be behind a closed door, which he then scratches.
JulieHarr JulieHarr ..Exactly the same..call it situation normal..lol
All good cat fun.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I alsu think we talk differently when we are on the phone. It’s also possible they can hear the other person and wonder where they are. Mostly though, I think it is just a cat thing!