long story, short. my cat was in for a routine procedure. when placing the breathing give down her throat, it filled with mucus, quite. bit of mucus. vet offered to send it off to be cultured. I said okay. that was costly. in the meantime she was put on an antibiotic. a week later I found out from the culture that the follow two bacteria were found: Pasteurella multocida and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Was told original expensive bacteria wouldn't touch this and put on a different antibiotic. had to hide antibiotic in food until she refused to eat, then start putting it down her with a syringe. she won't hardly eat at all now. I suspect cause of weeks worth of meds. she's throwing medicine up so its useless. I really want some other opinions. I have stopped the antibiotics. I read they can need them for months for these bacteria. I also read that these bacteria are often found in cats. so is it normal. could she have had it forever. what harm if I stop the meds I wonder? It's becoming an endless cost and I really don't know what risk there is of her having bacteria often found in cats. also I read that one round of meds likely won't eradicate the bacteria. and not eating seems worse then all of the above. thoughts/ opinions? It's becoming a very expensive treatment. one that I can't really access the risk of her having the bacteria in her to begin with from what little I find online.