Wanted : Toronto male cat for (to have kittens)

Dianka01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are looking for a groom for our cat . Located in Toronto, please PM me for details
We have a female cat,
Angora mix with Siberian.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More information would be helpful!

Is your female cat a combination of pedigreed Turkish Angora and Siberian parents? Or are you making a guess based on appearance?

What is the goal of your breeding program? Are you trying to introduce an outcross into either the Turkish Angora or Siberian breeds? Or just to produce kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dianka01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her father is a Siberian cat, and her mother is Angora. The owner gave them to a shelter (he stopped breeding), and we got their kitten. Yes, we just want kittens before we sterilize our cat.
We prefer to find a similar partner for it,a mix of Siberin or Angora mix.

Dianka01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is a photo of her coloring her back,she has more red shades, since her father was a completely red cat

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally, responsible breeders would not want to work with you on simply producing unregistered mixed breed pet kittens.

However, if you can get the pedigrees and registration papers for the parents, you may be able to get her registered as a first generation outcross, in which case you may be able to find a breeder that would work with you on using her as an outcross in a Siberian or Turkish Angora breeding program. If you want to try to go that route, feel free to send me a private message with the details of her parents' registration papers, and I can look at them to see what would be involved in getting her registered.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why.. like seriously why? She is a mixed breed so its not to help the breed, no cat HAS to have kittens. Mating is a miserable painful experience for a female cat. Pregnancy always has risks, and labor is long and painful. Not all females are good mothers, and if spayed she isnt missing out on the joys of motherhood. She won't care once fixed, she will just live a happier life with not constantly going into heat.

Dianka01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand that without a pedigree, breeders will not do this and this is why I left this ad here.
Unfortunately I can't contact the breeder, as I said earlier he gave her mother and father to a shelter.
Thank you for the information.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that without a pedigree, breeders will not do this and this is why I left this ad here.
Unfortunately I can't contact the breeder, as I said earlier he gave her mother and father to a shelter.
Thank you for the information.
Perhaps the shelter can help you contact the breeder. If they can't help you track the person down and have no further information, it's possible that the parent cats were Siberian and Turkish Angora "lookalikes" and not actually members of those breeds... It's not common that a breeder would be working with both of those breeds at once... (I do happen to know a breeder who has both of those breeds, but it's unusual).

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why.. like seriously why? She is a mixed breed so its not to help the breed, no cat HAS to have kittens. Mating is a miserable painful experience for a female cat. Pregnancy always has risks, and labor is long and painful. Not all females are good mothers, and if spayed she isnt missing out on the joys of motherhood. She won't care once fixed, she will just live a happier life with not constantly going into heat.
I agree that there is probably no good reason to breed this cat. And of course, pregnancy has risks in all species. However, you don't have to exaggerate the difficulties of cat sex and birth in order to make this point. Having personally observed many occasions of cats having sex and giving birth to kittens, many have a short easy labor (particularly if you breed for adequate to good fertility), and the females are generally just as motivated to have sex as the males are. The bigger problem is the lack of goals in the intended breeding program. Responsible breeding programs should have goals, otherwise you are just producing more kittens in a world that already has a lot of them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
However, if you can get the pedigrees and registration papers for the parents, you may be able to get her registered as a first generation outcross, in which case you may be able to find a breeder that would work with you on using her as an outcross in a Siberian or Turkish Angora breeding program.
Breed standards in CFA and TICA show that neither Siberian or Turkish Angora allows outcrosses. That means a cat with both breeds in the background could only be registered as a Household Pet.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a photo of her coloring her back,she has more red shades, since her father was a completely red cat
Wow- she is gorgeous! I can understand why you want one her kittens.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breed standards in CFA and TICA show that neither Siberian or Turkish Angora allows outcrosses. That means a cat with both breeds in the background could only be registered as a Household Pet.
TICA allows any combination to be registered as a first generation outcross, and used in a breeding program. For example, I know an Oriental Shorthair breeder who has an outcross line that comes from a Maine Coon / OSH cross.

Here are the relevant sections of the TICA registration rules. A first generation "non permissible outcross" is registered in the "Hybridization record" with an AON status code, the second generation is BON, and the third generation is CON. After that the kittens are fully registered.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.53.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.52.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 8.54.03 AM.png

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
TICA allows any combination to be registered as a first generation outcross, and used in a breeding program. For example, I know an Oriental Shorthair breeder who has an outcross line that comes from a Maine Coon / OSH cross.
Interesting. Because the individual breed standards say no outcrosses allowed.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. Because the individual breed standards say no outcrosses allowed.
TICA allows outcrossing in any breed... I added the relevant sections of the registration rules to my post above.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And this is a TICA registered Oriental Shorthair with a Maine Coon grandparent (BON registration code)
It looks like it allows the muzzle to become slightly larger and longer. It even seems to help with the ears though I can't tell that much and this could be just the individual, but I have noticed Maine Coon has ears that are large, but in a slightly different way (I don't just mean the ear set).

I really should have gotten that fluffy cat that was absolutely the one I wanted. I had the impression that the ultrashort coat of the OSH would be ruined for many more generations than that, but that is a pure ultrashort with the chest ruff and rat tail and everything.

If the cat had green eyes it would be essentially perfect.