Want To Get A Male Cat - What Are The Chances Of Spraying?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll look forward to meeting the new kitten when the time comes! Be sure to introduce him/her to us.

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you mind if I ask if you have any cats now? Personally I think that female cats respond better to new male cats then female cats, but that might just be me.

For what it’s worth I’ve had 4 male cats in my life, of those 4 only one was bad about spraying. That cat (Oliver) was a beautiful golden tabby we got from the shelter. They told us that he was 6 months but after we took him to the vet he told us he would estimate his age to be closer to two years (he was big but they told us he was just a big cat) and he wasn’t fixed when we adopted him (though it was one of the first things we did). The other three male cats were fixed earlier and we didn’t have a problem with them (I think, two of those were when I was kid ).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

New_Pulse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my mother's cat, female, who is such a sweetie. She doesn't mind other animals, so I'm sure she'll be fine once I get a new kitten. I remember when we got my mother's cat, my cat did not like her, but she at least tolerated her. For a while, my mom's cat really wanted to be friends with my cat, but as my mom's cat grew up, I think instead of being hurt by rejection, she found fun in teasing and tormenting my cat :lol: But my mom's cat loved our late pomeranian, and is friends with (or at leasts tolerates) the bratty dog we have now

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two 2 year old bigboys!.. they are about 10 weeks apart, got them nuetered , both at about 13-14 weeks.. NEVER ONCE had an issue with either one of them ever going outside the litterbox! They are the first cats I've ever had, so i dont know the behavior differences between males and females.. will let u know in about 6 months, I have a new female kitten that's about 13 weeks old now, getting her spayed in about a week!