Walking outside

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I started taking my cat outside once a day when the weather permits.

I was wondering who else takes there cat out, how many times per day and duration?

More for people who take there kitty on a leash

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I try to take mine out at least once per day, so long as it is sunny. One of my cats is a sun cancer risk, so normally early morning or late afternoon when the sun isn't so strong.

We are out and about for around half an hour to an hour, depending on my schedule that day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nobody else walks there kitty?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to, once a day for about 30 minutes on a leash, but the cats I have now have leukemia so it is too big of a risk to expose them to anything that they can pick up easily because of their compromised immune systems. I watch the ferals outside now, they are a joy to watch enjoying the outside.....I remember Chrissy falling over on her side and laying there when I first started putting the harness on her. She ended up being the one that enjoyed it the most!

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still not sure if my kitty likes it. He crys when I put him in the book bag carrier but when I take him out I don't know. He walks around.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just use a harness, no carrier, though I live in an area where I don't have to travel to take them for a walk. Both started off acting like they couldn't walk properly to begin with, but now they come running whenever I open the drawer where I keep the harnesses.

I don't really control where they go though, I kind of just follow whatever direction they want to take, and if I have to redirect them I just pick them up and carry them elsewhere.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
S StanAndAlf how long did that take before they got excited?