Walkies Welcome, Photos And More, With Or Without Leashes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it gets me into trouble. It's a good thing I climb towers for a living because Rox seems to have me climbing more trees than I did as a kid!
:spew::crackup:You are a great fur parent. I dont let Gypsy go too high in trees, I'm afraid the leash will get tangled. I don't let her go up any higher than I can climb. Poles I let her go as far as she wants.
20210330_224053.jpg
Screenshot_20210330-223953_Gallery.jpg

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dropped the leash to tie my shoe. Rox chased a bunny into the neighbor's yard, and their sweet rottweiler went over to investigate. Rox was bit by the rabbit. Then, she attacked the dog, who didn't do anything but run. He is okay, but she did get me pretty good when I pulled her off of him.
IMG-20210517-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20210517-WA0004.jpeg
IMG-20210517-WA0006.jpeg

I'll never drop her leash again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I dropped the leash to tie my shoe. Rox chased a bunny into the neighbor's yard, and their sweet rottweiler went over to investigate. Rox was bit by the rabbit. Then, she attacked the dog, who didn't do anything but run. He is okay, but she did get me pretty good when I pulled her off of him.
View attachment 380995View attachment 380996View attachment 380997
I took her to the vet, but they said the bunny just took a patch of her fur, and she is lucky.
:eek3::running: Oh my Cat! Are you ok? Did you go get checked out? Things happen so fast! 'Bunny bites cat'..kinda like 'man bites dog'
(showing my age here). Thank goodness the poor dog is friendly! I can just imagine how bewildered he must have been, minding his own business when a bunny & cat tornado suddenly descend on him, poor guy.:bliss:
I had to tie a knot in the bungee leash to make the loop smaller so it won't slip off but I can still get it off in a hurry to switch to my other wrist. The long lead hooked to her harness isn't a bungee it's just twirled.
20210523_120440.jpg
20210523_120659.jpg

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AmandaRox AmandaRox I am so sorry you got hurt! I’m glad kitty is okay. Are you? That was such an unusual experience and I can only imagine your heart was pounding. You got the worst of it! Please do let us know how you’re doing.
BJ recently growled at something in a bush. I got lucky when I grabbed him up.
ADE3D3CE-F958-4377-983E-D845748CBCC6.jpeg
B4DD8465-6CA2-4719-8FBB-7F0684246A36.jpeg
7D468665-417B-4EB5-B236-C6C1366D4EBE.jpeg

Heal well and quickly!

Attachments

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 380995View attachment 380996View attachment 380997
So sorry that happened to you. Sometimes things can spin out of control at the drop of a dime. I think it was misdirected anger or she was very spooked and it made her lash out at the dog and you (collateral damage). I hope the dog gets over the wounds he received and you do as well. 🙂

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. We have since moved to the neighboring state, and the RV park here has a lot of dogs but I think as long as she gets an introduction to a dog, she is not so terrible. I'm thankful that the rottweiler back in Nebraska didnt rip her to pieces. Ive always feared attacks the other way around. I never imagined I would be protecting a large dog from my cat!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. We have since moved to the neighboring state, and the RV park here has a lot of dogs but I think as long as she gets an introduction to a dog, she is not so terrible. I'm thankful that the rottweiler back in Nebraska didnt rip her to pieces. Ive always feared attacks the other way around. I never imagined I would be protecting a large dog from my cat!
Wishing you all the best as you settle in to your new home. Some of those big dogs are not as tough as you think. I fed a cat whose best friend was the neighbor's Akita (big Japanese mountain dog). This stray cat would sleep and play with the Akita and at times steal his food (the dog didn't stop him). I made sure the cat stopped doing that by feeding him and I would sneak some treats over to the dog, in case the cat ate his food. I miss those two. They had a special bond.

I hope you are recovering from your injuries. Your kitty was probably spooked. Poor baby.😺