Walkies Welcome, Photos And More, With Or Without Leashes

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Gypsy certainly seems to enjoy a bit of tree climbing and respects the limitations of the leash. I wasn't sure whether I should let Willow indulge beyond the ocaissional photo op. I think it was someone on the Adventure Cat site who cautioned against it.

I still climb trees in my 50s, lol. It doesn't feel right to completely prohibit it. I'm thinking about extending Willow's leash to give her more freedom. Right now I just use a 4 foot bungee, which keeps her very close and safe. Yesterday was the first time I just hooked it into the hands-free leash the way I do the dogs'.

Yes, they're all mine, yes I know what causes this, and if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart, lol.

All three fur kids are young. Willow is very close with the Chihuahua mixes, which is my "unfair advantage" that makes me look so much cooler and more instagram-worthy than I actually am, lol. She wants to do what her "big sisters" do. I wasn't able to get a shot of it yesterday, but since my black and tan (Thing 2) is still working on not chasing bicyclists and joggers, I don't take them completely off leash yet.

Their draglines are every bit as tantalizing to a kitten as any other piece of string wiggling along the ground.

The leashes tangle and sometimes feel like more trouble than they're worth. It is difficult and annoying so I certainly recommend bringing along husbands, boyfriends, kids, parents, friends, etc. if you have them but it is what it is.

Willow is still a baby, so she gets tired and takes naps on my shoulders during an all day hike. That's when we can go at dog speed and let the puppies get their wiggles out.

This is still very much a work in progress. I'm glad to have found a community of cat parents to help me figure this out. I've mostly had indoor-only cats when I am housed and been "the crazy cat lady" when home had four wheels and oil leaks.

We are a very new family. My eldest dog's first birthday was yesterday. She pretty much grew up in the forest in the second set of photos I posted, even though I still have conventional shelter.

This is my church; Judi Bari died for my sins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy enjoying our sunny but cool Fall weather.
I knew she was going to launch up the pole so I had the camera ready. She paused at the top of her climb which allowed me to switch to video for her descent. Wish I knew how to put videos here. I have a regular and a bungee leash hooked together giving her plenty of length and let her go as high as she wants.
20201112_152514.jpg
20201112_152515.jpg
20201112_152515(0).jpg
20201112_152525.jpg
20201112_152526.jpg

20201112_152527.jpg

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday it got to 40°f last decent day before cold & rain/snow blows in today.
20210113_130657.jpg
Then up to the porch. Of course she moved before I was able to take the photo of her gazing over the neighborhood.
20210113_132040.jpg

Then she wanted to go in, wood was a bit chilly on pawsies & moms rear end.
20210113_132123.jpg
20210113_132125.jpg
20210113_132126.jpg

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Echo was a stray before she had to have both eyes removed after being attacked by a dog. She's the only one I let outside (leash and harness, of course) because I want her to engage her other senses and get as much enrichment as she can. So loves the grass and listening to the birds, trying to eat sticks and anything else she can find.

Attachments

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
What an ADORABLE sweater/harness!!
:catrub:Thanks, it's a sweater over my 'H' harness. Mom said she got it at a store called '5 below' for $3. She bribes me with pieces of Sheba meat sticks to let her put it on me. Gypsy:catlove: