Walkies Welcome, Photos And More, With Or Without Leashes

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_8783.JPG

This is one of my few good pictures, but I have some crazy outside stories.

1. When Snake and I went on a border patrol and chased each other through the tall grass

2. When we went looking for Snake (who was missing for a day or so) and all the other cats came with us, running around and catching mice. We found Snake eventually.

3. When Snake pooped (very stinky, gross diarrhea poop) in our strawberry garden. It was the kangaroo patê food, I know it was.

IMG_8589.JPG

And here we have Suki climbing a tree.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great thread! When I can get Manny to go more than 3ft away from the door I'll try and post something!:lol: Poor guy is scared to death outside. I leave the basement door open and he makes sure I do. He checks to make sure it's open. Today I let him go out without a leash. He let's me put the leash on and doesn't seem to mind it but he doesn't really like it at the same time. I think he feels restricted in it. I went out and just set by the door with him and he only went about 3ft away from me. He seemed to be more relaxed without the leash. He done good until my neighbor went down the street walking his Great Dane. Manny growled, something I've never heard him do. I turned to see what he was growling at and when I turned back around he had gone back in the basement. :lol: We'll get there eventually!

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Korin is an indoor cat but I take her out only on a leash. I have been training Korin to go out on a leash since she was little. She doesn’t listen to commands she just goes where she wants and I follow.

Here are a couple of pictures of her
2461D5D5-8E72-4F90-84AC-C28C6875C5C5.jpeg

At the park

F18CC84E-DF5B-4D29-8CB8-72B8AB638F66.jpeg

At the beach

9059F67C-8D57-42A9-8BEF-3C68DC523138.jpeg

27CEE3E1-5868-4685-835C-F99936434947.jpeg

In our yard ( our yard looks bad, we have been in a drought for years here in California that my lawn died)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats w
Korin is an indoor cat but I take her out only on a leash. I have been training Korin to go out on a leash since she was little. She doesn’t listen to commands she just goes where she wants and I follow.

Here are a couple of pictures of her
View attachment 207317
At the park

View attachment 207318
At the beach

View attachment 207351
View attachment 207352
In our yard ( our yard looks bad, we have been in a drought for years here in California that my lawn died)
That's what Gypsy does! She wanders around and we follow. However, when Scott lets her go into shrubs or bushes I'm the only one who follows...to fetch her out!

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats w

That's what Gypsy does! She wanders around and we follow. However, when Scott lets her go into shrubs or bushes I'm the only one who follows...to fetch her out!
She does listen to No! When I don’t want her to go somewhere I pull on her leash and tell her no, and she listens. She will walk another way.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea for a thread! Charlie is an indoor-only kitty, but leash training is a great way for cats to get some good exercise! I look forward to seeing more pictures!
:runningcat:

It's hard to post after Korin's photos especially :popcorn:
but not all kitties who go on leash Walkies are outdoor kitties!

Milly is an indoor kitty with access to a nice large carpeted hallway in our apartment building. For a few years, during her knee surgeries, I've been walking her each morning on a regular path through 3,000-5,000 feet of Walkies on a collar and leash so that she can gently exercise her knee(s). (Prior to her knee surgeries and before her knees started luxating a lot, we'd let her out on this floor of the hallway and --supervised-- she would tear around, galloping wildly back and forth... someday, she will get to that point again!)

Here's part of the hallway
DSCF9613-600x450.jpg

And here is Milly just a bit ago, heading out on a shortened Walkies (I took her out to get some photos, lol) --

DSCF9595-600x450.jpg

DSCF9597-600x450.jpg

DSCF9599-600x450.jpg

DSCF9603-600x450.jpg

DSCF9605-600x450.jpg

and almost home again...
DSCF9610-600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Milly is an indoor kitty with access to a nice large carpeted hallway in our apartment building. For a few years, during her knee surgeries, I've been walking her each morning on a regular path through 3,000-5,000 feet of Walkies on a collar and leash so that she can gently exercise her knee(s). (Prior to her knee surgeries and before her knees started luxating a lot, we'd let her out on this floor of the hallway and --supervised-- she would tear around, galloping wildly back and forth... someday, she will get to that point again!)

View attachment 207590

And here is Milly just a bit ago, heading out on a shortened Walkies (I took her out to get some photos, lol) --

View attachment 207592

View attachment 207593

View attachment 207594

View attachment 207595

View attachment 207596

and almost home again...
View attachment 207598
She’s adorable, love her white socks! She looks excited to be out in that hallway.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. :heartshape:

I love her to bits.

Anyway, she loves Walkies. She has the same path she walks every day, her own territory -- like that British show about cats, the outdoor neighborhood cats having particular territories. Every morn around 5am West Coast time, you can count on the two of us out doing a Walkies while all the other tenants snooze in their beds and the hallway is quiet. There is one other tenant up that early, and Milly loves him, lol. She chirps and meows at him like crazy when he opens his door.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 207590

View attachment 207592

View attachment 207593

View attachment 207594

View attachment 207595

View attachment 207596

and almost home again...
View attachment 207598
Such a clever idea! So glad to see Milly here! Definitely post lots more photos. She is so lucky to have a place to exercise no matter the weather.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise