Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Walkies Welcome, Photos And More, With Or Without Leashes

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by dustydiamond1, Nov 26, 2017.

1. dustydiamond1

dustydiamond1 Thread Starter Minion to Gypsy since October 2016 Top Cat

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Illinois, USA
    Gypsy
    20190608_150835.jpg 20190608_150837.jpg Gypsy.jpg 20181217_135659.jpg

Purr-fect, white shadow and Willow's Mom purraised this.

2. Willow's Mom

Willow's Mom TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 28, 2019
    Humble County (rural USA)
    Gypsy certainly seems to enjoy a bit of tree climbing and respects the limitations of the leash. I wasn't sure whether I should let Willow indulge beyond the ocaissional photo op. I think it was someone on the Adventure Cat site who cautioned against it.

I still climb trees in my 50s, lol. It doesn't feel right to completely prohibit it. I'm thinking about extending Willow's leash to give her more freedom. Right now I just use a 4 foot bungee, which keeps her very close and safe. Yesterday was the first time I just hooked it into the hands-free leash the way I do the dogs'.

Yes, they're all mine, yes I know what causes this, and if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart, lol.

All three fur kids are young. Willow is very close with the Chihuahua mixes, which is my "unfair advantage" that makes me look so much cooler and more instagram-worthy than I actually am, lol. She wants to do what her "big sisters" do. I wasn't able to get a shot of it yesterday, but since my black and tan (Thing 2) is still working on not chasing bicyclists and joggers, I don't take them completely off leash yet.

Their draglines are every bit as tantalizing to a kitten as any other piece of string wiggling along the ground.

The leashes tangle and sometimes feel like more trouble than they're worth. It is difficult and annoying so I certainly recommend bringing along husbands, boyfriends, kids, parents, friends, etc. if you have them but it is what it is.

Willow is still a baby, so she gets tired and takes naps on my shoulders during an all day hike. That's when we can go at dog speed and let the puppies get their wiggles out.

This is still very much a work in progress. I'm glad to have found a community of cat parents to help me figure this out. I've mostly had indoor-only cats when I am housed and been "the crazy cat lady" when home had four wheels and oil leaks.

We are a very new family. My eldest dog's first birthday was yesterday. She pretty much grew up in the forest in the second set of photos I posted, even though I still have conventional shelter.

This is my church; Judi Bari died for my sins.

3. Willow's Mom

Willow's Mom TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 28, 2019
    Humble County (rural USA)
    PICT0051.JPG

PICT0072.JPG
    PICT0085.JPG
    PICT0100.JPG

white shadow and Purr-fect purraised this.