Walkies Welcome, Photos And More, With Or Without Leashes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, he loves going outside even though we never make it very far...and even though I constantly have to keep him from trying to pounce on red wasps :doh:

Him being tuckered out after coming inside is a major perk for me! lol
:loveeyes::hearthrob::redheartpump::lovecat2: What a cutie pie!
Gypsy watching a bee on Sunday
Watching a bee.jpg

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stella is the black kitten. She will sit at the door and meow and reach for the door handle to let me know she wants to go on walkies. She is not scared of other people or cars and loves the attention she gets from out neighbors saying how cute she is (total princess). She loves picking up pinecones or sticks and carrying them around or just playing with them. And when I pick her up to take her back in she lets me knows she disapproves by her long and whiny meows the whole way home. The other kitty is Toby. That was his first time on a leash and he did fine till he saw that there are other human beings that roam about outdoors. He flipped out slipped out of his harness, but he is a smart boy and he ran straight home to my door and meowed till I let him in. We tried a few more times after that but as soon as he hears something he runs straight home, so now his favorite place is the patio. Gives him the smells and noises and sunshine, but he knows he is safe and can run back inside when he needs to.
s.jpg
t.jpg
4.jpg

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The other kitty is Toby. That was his first time on a leash and he did fine till he saw that there are other human beings that roam about outdoors. He flipped out slipped out of his harness, but he is a smart boy and he ran straight home to my door and meowed till I let him in. We tried a few more times after that but as soon as he hears something he runs straight home, so now his favorite place is the patio. Gives him the smells and noises and sunshine, but he knows he is safe and can run back inside when he needs to.
View attachment 224373 View attachment 224374 View attachment 224375
Glad he knew where to go when he got out of the harness.
Buddy is scared of other people as well. I'm hoping I'll be able to get him calmer around other people. For now when I see others on the trail, I hold him or place him in his backpack.
I figure when it gets warmer there is a rail trail close by. I'll wear his backpack and walk on the trail. Hoping he gets calmer while seeing all the people and bikers from the safety of his backpack.

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad he knew where to go when he got out of the harness.
Buddy is scared of other people as well. I'm hoping I'll be able to get him calmer around other people. For now when I see others on the trail, I hold him or place him in his backpack.
I figure when it gets warmer there is a rail trail close by. I'll wear his backpack and walk on the trail. Hoping he gets calmer while seeing all the people and bikers from the safety of his backpack.
I haven't quite figured out how to hold him still as my little guy is sooooo strong he pushes and wiggles his way out of my arms like a wild rabbit and makes some god awful noises in the process lol! I think that in his perfect world it would judt be him and I outside and no one and nothing else, but unfortunately he has come to the sad realization that other people exist :running:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I would have filmed my Chrissy when I was leash training her. I would put the harness on and she would just fall over on her side......and stay that way! It was hilarious. She and Burt both eventually got trained, people would actually stop their cars and stare at me walking them. I ended up buying 5 different harnesses though, she was such a little escape artist. The figure 8 harness worked the best, so I didn't spend half the walk chasing her around the neighborhood!