Walk About Pet Foods Kangaroo Recipe?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of this food before?

Kangaroo Recipe - Walk About Pet Products

It says, "Complete and Balanced Nutrition – Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO cat food nutrient profiles for adult cat maintenance." but doesn't list taurine in the ingredients, just "vitamins and minerals"

The price is reasonable, saw it here for less than $40 for 12 - 13.2 oz cans Walk About Kangaroo Recipe Canned Cat Food, 12/13.2oz

But I am concerned about lack of labeling. Thoughts?

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd love to let Vega try some kangaroo! :D
It does have taurine I think. Garlic powder is something I'd stay away from :
"INGREDIENTS: Kangaroo Broth, Kangaroo, Kangaroo Liver, Potato, Sunflower Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Vitamins, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Garlic Powder, Taurine, Fish Oil, Minerals"

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never heard of this band. What lack of labeling are you concerned about? Taurine is listed on both the links you posted: INGREDIENTS: Kangaroo Broth, Kangaroo, Kangaroo Liver, Potato, Sunflower Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Vitamins, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Garlic Powder, Taurine, Fish Oil, Minerals

Koha makes a kangaroo canned food. Some people here on TCS like the brand. Koha Grain Free Pet Food contains Novel Proteins

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow I'm so sorry lol. I was posting at like 4am and was more tired thanI thought! I guess I meant the part where it says vitamins and minerals vs listing them out.

I'm aware of Koha but can't afford the cost of $2.77 a 5.5 oz an. :( I stumbled upon this and it would be only $3.17 per 13.2 oz can.

I also can't find calorie information.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just contact the company and ask :) Contact - Walk About Pet Products The company might be closed for the long holiday weekend so call on Wednesday. Or try the contact form and just be patient for a response.

Amazon and Walmart's web site also sell this food. You can compare prices to see where to get the best price.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did send them an email last night :) It doesn't save me money if it's low calorie!

I just need a lot of transparency in foods since I'm dealing with food allergies!

Pouncecat1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm bumping this back up. Has anyone tried this food and had success with it?