Wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge, my baby Lit

joele156

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's 7 days today since my baby Lit had her wings and crossed the Rainbow Bridge that I have enough courage to calmly write about her without crying.

1 year 8 months ago, while we were wandering around our house, she fell into our sight in a very bad condition. A woman nearby told us she was tortured by the kids after being dumping to street. I wanted to rescue her right at that very first sight, maybe because I'd never seen any miserable creature like her. Bringing her home, we realized she might have some kind of trivial brain injury that made her look and act very abnormally, besides, her legs seemed to be super weak that she could barely stand up. I thought it would be a miracle if she could use the litter box.

A couple of days went by and her legs became much better, she could run, even in a very funny way. But she couldn't climb the cat tree like the others, all she could do was jumping up and jumping down, sometimes she fell hard. It turned out that she had high energy and was playful. However, due to her brain issue, most of the time we couldn't help laughing at how she played. She became my big reason to come home, to see her play. When I leave for my office, she was always walking me out, constantly "meowing" so that I didn't forget to pet her and kiss her, almost every day. Gradually, she turned into my biggest love in the house, even envied by my girlfriend, haha.

Having said that, we felt concerned about her health. One year ago, we woke up finding that she needed to drag her legs to move. We rushed to vet but they found nothing wrong and gave us some calcium medicine. After 2 days, it magically disappeared and she went back to (her) normal. That happened once again after 30 days but then it only took her 1 day to recover after we gave her CBD (recommended by our local rescue groups). Aside from these 2 times, she never had any specific health issues that needed medical attention. We couldn't afford MRI to see if there were really anything wrong with her brain or not, so we hope she could live on like this forever.

On Jun 10, I noticed that she urinated more frequently than usual for the last 2-3 days, I immediately brought her to the vet. They did all kinds of blood and urine tests, and ultrasound, but nothing serious, she got an intravenous infusion drip in 2 days. Things were still fine in these 2 days. All of sudden, in the 3rd day morning, she had a convulsion. We must get her to the nearest vet and she got over it. But after that, she must drag to move again, the 3rd time in her life. I had a bad feeling about it. But I still tried to convince myself that the vets found nothing serious about her, then this might be just another minor thing. On the 4th day, she got a little bit better, demanded to sleep in my knapsack. And everything went upside down on the 5th day - Jun 15, my birthday. She woke up, but just lay there, not moving at all, and heavily breathed. On the way bringing her to the vet, I just knew that I was about to lose her, and I also knew I wasn't ready for it, at all. She fought until 3:30pm that day and passed on, left us a huge grief and emptiness...

But when watching her old videos with us, I understand that she enjoyed her whole life with us, she was happy with us, and that eases our pain a lot. And we keep telling ourselves that she is now living in a better place, and waiting for us to come to get her someday...
LitAndTheRainbowBridge.png

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your story brought me to tears. Bless you for making her part of your family. She was truly fortunate to have known what it was like to be loved and to be happy. That's what really counts and I am glad you that you are able to take comfort in knowing this. Please stay strong. You did a wonderful thing for her. :hugs:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you nurseangel nurseangel and jefferd18 jefferd18 for your kind words. Since people around me can't understand what I'm going through, I need to seek for empathy here.

We are here for you. I lost my best friend, Jeff, a little over a year ago and it was several weeks ago that I finally could mention her without tearing up, ( and I am not really sure about that) so I know the excruciating pain you are experiencing right now.

It sounds like Lit found you and it was meant to be...ones like her are the hardest to lose. 1592974174439.png

She will find you again, my friend.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each and every loss is a one of a kind, private hell. Because it was our loss, it was our heart that was tied to that precious little one. No one else can understand what it is like, feel the anguish that you do, it was your soul that suffered......
That sweet little girl gained everything she wanted when you took her in. She regained her trust in humans again, she opened up her heart to you and you opened yours. The bond you have is eternal because love is spiritual. No one, not even death can break that bond, "Death cannot take that which never dies,"
She was in your life for a reason and that reason was love. She will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Send her thoughts of love, let your memories bring comfort instead of pain because as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. To live the life you have been given and seek the joys and happiness that life can bring. She would like nothing more then for you to share her love, to open your heart once more, and let it be added upon and allowed to grow. Because that is what love is, it is meant to be shared and

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of this, but you surely did a wonderful thing by taking care of her, she wouldn't have made it very long on the streets. And those kids will be paid back if they haven't been already for their cruelness, "what you do to the least of these you also do unto me" some kind man once said, so they will pay a heavy price for that. But you did all and more than you could, you showed her life and love and she loved you back, and as hard as it is to lose her she is fine now, just fine, no more physical issues, and when you do meet again one day it will be so wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joele156

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all of you for your comforting. It's just sometimes I miss her terribly. Just saw one of my other cats licked her coat and it reminds me of how my baby cleaned herself, scratched her ear, shook her head. If she were still here, I would pick her up and carry her around so that she could smell flowers, one of her favorite things.
But I can no longer do that simple thing for her...

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, I am sorry Lit had to go so soon. It's a beautiful story of how you found her and took her in and how she was loved and cared for by you and your girlfriend.

I am sorry the Lit suffered trauma by evil kids so early in her life but without you and your girlfriend, she wouldn't have known love and compassion as she has learned from you both and she wouldn't be able to give you the joy of her being her silly self and she always loved you both. She will be with you and your girlfriend around you and watching you both until you all meet with her in heaven which is a better place until you all meet again once more.

It's very sad that she died on your birthday, but it could be turned into a day to remember all the good memories you all shared together with her and to remind yourselves that you both are good people for taking a cat under your wings when not many people would do the same with her injuries and allowing her to live her life as long as she could.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You took in a sick, unwanted cat and gave her almost two years of love, compassion, and care. That was something your baby Lit had never known, and she likely never would have, if not for you...YOU DID GOOD!

I am so sorry she had to leave this old planet so soon. That seems to always happen to the ones that we are most fond of...the very SPECIAL ones! I always will wonder WHY bad things happen to Gods sweetest little creatures. I suppose he is just so occupied trying to keep us humans from wiping each other off this old rock the sometimes does not have the time to see after some of the smaller creatures. I suppose that is where folks like you, and me, and everyone on this Cat Site forum come into play.

Just remember that Lit is with you forever. Yes she waits at that ole Rainbow Bridge for ya...but just remember her, and she will be right by your side, every time you call for her. God Bless you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joele156

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whenever I feel low, I’ll come back here to read your consolation. I bet that helps. Hope this forum can last forever so that people like us can help each other overcome this hard time ;).

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I feel low, I’ll come back here to read your consolation. I bet that helps. Hope this forum can last forever so that people like us can help each other overcome this hard time ;).

I have found that writing about Jeff and doing things in her name helped me through the darkest of times. That may be of help to you as well.

Lit has not left you permanently- she will only be gone for a little while.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lit, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

After torment, bliss. After hate, love. After abandonment, home. OH, what you gave that girl! We will never know what she went through, but her almost-two years with you, that we do know. And it was good. And for her, it was "forever." She left This Adventure for her Next Great Adventure knowing that your love went with her to guide her way. Someday, in the fullness of time, there will be a meeting again for you. For now, she dances on sunlight, secure in knowing your time together will come again.

Until that day, dance on, little Lit, dance on!