Wag- Amazon's House Brand Of Cat Food

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stumbled on this brand when looking for something to add to my upcoming subscribe and save order. Lilith and Sophie's favorite canned food is the Nutro Max. Amazon is offering a 25% off coupon on it so I TRIED to get the turkey & chicken in gravy. It sold out before my S&S order could process. I decided to get the salmon & chicken in gravy. That one is showing as sold out on the website now but they haven't cancelled my order. Yet. I think there were about 7 left when I ordered it so hopefully I get a case. Anyone tried it yet? According to the description, it's:
  • Quality You Can Trust, With A Money-Back Guarantee: Full Refund If You Or Your Cat Are Not Completely Satisfied For Any Reason, No Return Necessary
www.amazon.com/Amazon-Brand-Salmon-Seafood-Recipe/dp/B07HJVZ87N/ref=lp_18585154011_1_2?srs=18585154011&ie=UTF8&qid=1548402852&sr=8-2

6 ratings so far. All 5 star. We'll see what the diva sisters think about it. I didn't get a case of pate because we already have plenty of different pates on hand. If the salmon & chicken make it here and they like it, I'll probably try one of the pates out on them. Friskies poultry pates are their favorite. If we get it, I'll post a review about how they like it. They are SO picky.

ETA: In case anyone is interested, they also make wet & dry dog food but no dry cat food. Possible down the line if it's successful?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks interesting. I wish carrots weren't so high up the ingredient list but I may order a case myself to put in rotation, especially with the 25% off coupon.

Thanks for sharing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks interesting. I wish carrots weren't so high up the ingredient list but I may order a case myself to put in rotation, especially with the 25% off coupon.

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I agree about the veggies. I'm curious to see how the girls like it. The texture looks similar to Pride by Instinct's minced varities with veggies added.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was looking at the Turkey and Giblets Pate and the ingredients list in the images is different than is listed in text farther on the page. The ingredients on the image look better!

Screenshot_20190125-094846.png

Screenshot_20190125-094857.png

The second one seems to be correct though as it matches the product image.

At 83 cents a can at normal price, I'm not convinced lol. The protein is only at a 9% compared to even Fancy Feast or Tiny Tiger Turkey & Giblets who have 11%, and both of those are Carageenan free and only about 55 cents a can. They use by products, but no vegetables.

Screenshot_20190125-095659.png

Screenshot_20190125-095642.png

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
In general, most "amazon" branded items I have looked at seem to be a fairly poor value, with mid range prices on lower end products. So far, "Wag" seems to be more of the same.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've bought quite a few things from the Amazon Basics line and have yet to be disappointed by any of them.

I ended up cancelling the order for the Wag food. The rest of my S&S order is arriving today. I might add a case of the pate to next month's order to see if the girls like it. They turn their noses up at Fancy Feast and Tiny Tiger unless I add something to it like a can of Nutro Max which they LOVE.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a case of Turkey and Chicken in gravy and a case of Tuna and Giblets to rotate in and give them something different. They accepted both very well but are leaning towards the Turkey and Chicken more. I do like that meat is the first few ingredients, and so far my picky indoor cats love it! Price was a factor, the 25% off made it affordable. I doubt I will buy it again at full price, with my cat food bill I am always looking for deals!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered a case of Turkey and Chicken in gravy and a case of Tuna and Giblets to rotate in and give them something different. They accepted both very well but are leaning towards the Turkey and Chicken more. I do like that meat is the first few ingredients, and so far my picky indoor cats love it! Price was a factor, the 25% off made it affordable. I doubt I will buy it again at full price, with my cat food bill I am always looking for deals!
Me too. I have to keep a wide variety of foods around because they are SO picky. The turkey and chicken in gravy (which is what I originally ordered) is sold out and doesn't look like it's coming back. That figures. I think it's the one they would have liked the best. The 25% off and money back guarantee were a big factor in my wanting to order a case. If the discount is still available at the end of the month when I do my S&S order, I'll likely order a case.

Last edited:

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have also ordered Amazon Basics stuff and been pleased. Wag food just doesn't seem like it's worth it. My cat also doesn't care for Timy Tiger or Fancy Feast 9 times out of ten, so I have a feeling she wouldn't like this either.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish there were some rhyme or reasaon to what the girls will and will not eat. They used to love the FF classics. The Nutro Max is one line they have never refused. Don't tell them I said that. I have 3 cases coming today. They might refuse it just to make a liar out of me. :doh:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I got a case of this food on Sunday with my subscribe and save order. I got the salmon and chicken in gravy. I wanted to get the turkey and chicken in gravy but they keep selling out of it. The girls tried some yesterday and it was a NO go. They didn't touch it. I wish I could say I'm surprised but they are so bad about food. I also got 4 cases of the Nutro Max in various flavors. They devoured that after I gave it to them to replace the uneaten Wag.