VULTURES!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you L LilReindeer , for a very informative and enlightening post on vultures! The post you were responding to was from 2017 though and I don't know if the person is still around, I hope they got rid of their problem! I have had vultures around and though they have never bothered the cats, I have had several kittens disappear from what I am sure was a great horned owl, judging by the hoots at night. One night my husband and I were outside and got divebombed by one that had a wingspan of 6 feet! It was HUGE, whatever it was. we thought it was a plane, except it was so silent.....

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate the post L LilReindeer . I never stopped to think that there might be more than one sort of vulture. But it certainly explains why some would think them harmless and others would know they weren't. I do know when they take a mind to move they fly across the roads at windshield height without a second thought, so I'm always looking in the fields to the sides to see if they are waiting to take off.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate the post L LilReindeer . I never stopped to think that there might be more than one sort of vulture. But it certainly explains why some would think them harmless and others would know they weren't. I do know when they take a mind to move they fly across the roads at windshield height without a second thought, so I'm always looking in the fields to the sides to see if they are waiting to take off.
Unless they've just eaten and are so full that all they can do is wobble to the side of the road while you wait for them so you can drive past. :lol: