Vomiting

Cquinn1021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Male cat Dudelo has been throwing up lately. He came inside and ate his can of food and turned right around and threw it up. His behavior hasn't changed, his coat is shiny. Not sure what could have caused it

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is throwing up directly after eating, that’s regurgitation. It’s a separate and usually easier problem than vomiting. Most common reasons for regurgitation are eating too fast, eating bad (spoiled) food, eating too much, or dental pain causing him to eat without chewing and then getting a stomach full that would have been more manageable if he chewed. If you think he is eating too fast or too much, split up what you feed him over as many meals as it takes to get him to not throw up. If it’s too fast, you can spread his food (if it’s wet food) very thinly on the plate to make him work to pick it up. Or for both wet and dry, you can put the food into an upside down egg carton also to make him work for it and slow him down. If it’s not the scarf-and-barf, then I would book a vet visit with an X-ray to make sure he doesn’t have a mechanical reason (obstruction/constipation) why his food disagrees with him.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Whether it’s vomiting or regurgitating, either can have multiple possible causes, so I do think a vet visit is in order.

Here’s a helpful article: Your Cat Throwing Up?