Vomiting foam, bloody stool

pommefritts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
This morning, my 3 year old cat vomited a foamy substance. I didn’t think much of it because I thought it was a fur ball. Then I noticed that she’s a little less enthusiastic than she usually is and smells a little bad. She just vomited again and went straight to the litter box. I decided to see what’s going on in there and noticed that her stool is really soft and bloody. I tried to clean her coat from behind because it was dirty and this is what I found. Please advise. I’m so so so worried. I contacted the vet and he said to bring her in tomorrow but I don’t think it should wait until then. Please let me know what to do, if any of you experienced this before. Her diet didn’t change, but she sometimes steals chunks of leftover chicken from the kitchen counter without us noticing. But that’s all!!
3AC39120-282F-4942-99F5-2690C2E96D17.jpeg
C32E4C12-81EC-42E6-8657-F2C7825256F9.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you send your vet this picture? To me, this is a lot of straight blood. I was expecting more of the mixed or streaked blood on the outside of the stool as I first read your post. There is mucus but a lot of blood. Can you call the vet back and say that this might be an emergency?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Now that it's "tomorrow" from your original post, what did the Vet say?